This is true love...

by kitties_and_horses_oh_my! 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

So today I'm driving home and a block from my house there's a boy on the ground. He'd been hit by a car while riding his bike. Everyone had stopped and I ran up to help if I could. The boy was conscious but in a lot of pain. Someone had already called 911 but no one had notified his parents. I asked him what their number was and called it, but it was a cell phone and it said the caller was "unavailable." I asked if he had any friends we could call and he pointed to the 12-year old nearby - a JW I knew from my old hall who lived down the street from me. The JW boy said the hurt boy's parents lived a few blocks away on 12th (we were on 20th Ave). I said I'd drive him down there, and he said he had to ask his dad (after all, it's an emergency, and we've only known each other for at least 6+ years, I'm so dangerous) but I turn my car around and he runs down two houses to ask his dad who says NO! He then proceeds to run the 8+ blocks to the parents' house. It takes him 10-15 minutes to get back and report that they weren't home. It made me so angry - there was no way of knowing how badly the boy was hurt, and those extra 5 minutes (had they been home) could have potentially, for all this other boy's JW dad knew, be the last time they could have seen their son alive. But it was more important to keep his JW son out of the hands of a non-df'd evil person like me for the 30-60 seconds we would have been in the car than to care for the hurt boy. True love of neighbor. I left soon after, as the paramedics had arrived and I couldn't do anything but get in their way. The dubs were still out on the corner watching, as if it was some f*(*& sideshow. By the time I got home I was shaking with horror and worry for the boy who'd been hit (he was crying in pain, his legs splayed in a very unnatural way and who knows what internal injuries) and disgust with the dub pigs (I'm sorry, I'm really mad) who thought his injuries were entertainment to be watched but god forbid we actually help. Sometimes I wish there was a hell.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

omg ((((((((kitties))))))) I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Have you heard any more about him? The poor kid!!

Sometimes I wish there was a hell.

there is and they are living it here on earth by being the way they are towards others.

Nice to see you. Hope all is well in your world !!!

XW

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Kitties, don't worry to much: it is just what you can expect from "real good JW's" nothing is important to them , only obeying to the letter. Once a JW learns to think - things will be different. At some point he/she will be independent and leave the borg.

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

"Christian love" as shown by the JW's is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

This guy couldn't see past what "mother" told him to look at the child in the street and the parents who didn't know. I don't think they EVER bother to put themselves in someone else's shoes...

Someday I'll tell the story of the hub's X's actions when my daughter dam near died after being hit by a car...

TB

• kat2u
    kat2u

Hmmmmm reminds me a little of the story of the good samaritain.

Yes those jws are such loving and helpful people, and asset to their community! NOT!

• poppers
    poppers

If that father who refused permission were human at all he'd have driven to the boy's house himself - I bet he'd have done as much if the injured party were a dog.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was thinking the same thing...... here they preach about how good neighbors they are......always there in a crisis.. yeah right.. that is horrible that the man didn't lift a finger to help.

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

Why DIDN'T the guy drive down to the kid's house??? Or is this part of that "no part of the world" horsepucky?

It makes me ill

TB

• flower
    flower

That is truly sad. I would say though that even most die hard witnesses would not act like this. I dont think my family would do something like that in an emergency.

• shotgun
    shotgun

The love on your part is clearly evident ((((((kitties)))))))

You made all the right decisions in this situation, too bad the other boy's JW parents didn't show the same compassion, at least driving their son to the house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit