Freedom to Choose God

by UnDisfellowshipped 774 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    That's how my mind works on the subject.
    If we are morally accountable, then what to?

Does the atheist sit back and declare to the world that he has acquitted himself well?
    Is that an internal conversation, that he engages in?
    Who does it benefit?

Again, I can't address the issue subjectively, hence the reason that I have questions and not answers on this one.

• gumby
    gumby
    Does the atheist sit back and declare to the world that he has acquitted himself well?
    Is that an internal conversation, that he engages in?
    Who does it benefit?

I'm not an atheist so I also cannot answer for an atheist...but I can relate to an atheist since an agnostic is at least half atheist

First off, I don't think atheist always acquits himself in all manners of his life. Consciences still exist regardless of believe in god or not for reasons I mentioned in my previous post.

As far as 'internal conversion'....that's a broad word. Isn't it just simply what the person has come to believe is true, yet is succeptable to change without effort?

As far as who does it benifit......I'd say the individual himself. Even believers experience and desire self benifit.

How'd I do for an agnostic/heathen/ atheist mediator?

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    I think you did pretty darned good, buddy
    It'd be interesting to see if the other mediated party agrees, though

Now get to bed, ya scallywag.
    Someone is pining for ya

I wonder where Alan got to? He was around yesterday, and posting stuff about creation...

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    wonder where Alan got to? He was around yesterday, and posting stuff about creation...

Ive read some of the thread, Boy Hoobs' dumb like me and DD. Yes and you to LT.

E.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

EW:
    I thought he had the whole justice thing sorted out in his head, after all, he's written essays on the subject. Surely my arguments aren't that difficult to confound
    I was just getting warmed up to the interesting bit, too, my favourite toopic - "Grace"!!!

Maybe "Creation" is a more stable topic, else a more interesting argument.

Doh!!
    Donuuuuuuts!!!

Edited to add:Thanks Chris, that's the one:

• Big Tex
  • Satanus
    Satanus

LT

Well, if an agnostic is half an atheist, then gumby and i together qualify as one atheist. A fearful thought. But really, i'm not sure if i'm agnostic.

S

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumbanus

What a fearful thought !!!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Maybe "Creation" is a more stable topic, else a more interesting argument.

Yeah, it was getting good. I enjoy picking the brain of an atheist, or picking at the "chemical reactions"

E.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The old saying: One boy is half a man, but two boys are no man at all, suddenly springs to mind - I don't know why

Gumby:

I don't think atheist always acquits himself in all manners of his life.

Why doesn't he?
    Does he ignore aspects of his life?

Satanus:

But really, i'm not sure if i'm agnostic.

I thought that was the whole point of that definition? To have an appropriate label for one who can't qualify their belief, or lack thereof.

EW:Any comments on my points about Double-Predestination?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit