I wondered why I was not at ease being a Witness.

by PinTail 16 Replies latest forum announcements

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

PinTail--

Im still scared too. Just know that you are not alone. Theres lots of support here, from which you can draw comfort.

Sinamon

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    At the moment it is like he is having his 'worldly' teenage years (he took up smoking - I'm not happy about that!, tried some pot & got the 'adult' channel on pay TV!) after all that repression but is also having a hell of a lot more fun!

I think I'm doing the same. Was disfellowshipped not long ago and in the last 6 months i've, had my belly button pierced, dyed my hair purple, taken up smoking (only the occasional one), had a XXX wax and am off to get my first tattoo on Tuesday. Just as well i've got a couple of kids or who knows what else i'd be doing.

Feeling freer that i ever had.

If you and your partner are ever in Melbourne look me up. Maybe we can go clubbing or something.

If he has any problems "adjusting" just PM me and maybe we can chat about it.

• catlady
    catlady
    had a XXX wax

LOL!

I'm thinking as a 'worldly' girl from birth I should start running a group, maybe the Lost Teens or something, take everyone out & do all the stupid crap that I was doing when I was 18 while you guys were out door knocking & doing other freaky cult shit!

Partner is the same as you, he has a couple of kids or who knows what else he'd be up to. It's very funny to watch him being 'bad', when I first met him he didn't even swear & then when he started to let the occasional choice word slip he'd look like a naughtly little boy! This is the fun side of getting out of the Borg, the freedom to live, be a bit silly, maybe a bit stupid, make mistakes but move on from them.

Will absolutely let you know if we come down your way, I am a huge Swans fan & am hoping to come down for one of the Melbourne games later on in the season. Oh, also, I think Melbourne has a couple of clothes shops doesn't it?!!!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    Oh, also, I think Melbourne has a couple of clothes shops doesn't it?!!!

Definately, and a heap of factory outlets. I know all the good ones, regularly hold my own personal tour for friends and family from interstate.

I'm thinking as a 'worldly' girl from birth I should start running a group, maybe the Lost Teens or something, take everyone out & do all the stupid crap that I was doing when I was 18 while you guys were out door knocking & doing other freaky cult shit!

Definately, you have yur first official member. Can't believe i wasted my teenage years.

Sorry pintail, we seem to have hijacked your thread.!!!!!

• proud goat
    proud goat

me and my hubby broke free a couple of years ago and we are still finding it hard to relax over certain things we just came upon this web site and feel really naughty for reading it !!!! its so fantastic to realise you are not alone .i really agree that you go through deffinate stages after leaving the so called truth. we did everything , went clubing , piercings ,getting pissed ,watching xxx films ,etc now we are at last starting to settle down and just enjoy the simple things in life like sunday morning layins and drinks out with our evil worldly friends .

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Welcome 'proud goat' I Love You MugI NEVER believed that i ( or anyone else) had 'Jehovah's spirit' in the door to door recruiting zeal.

This put me on a wicked guilt trip for 33+ years.I also had a brutal time of persecution in school 1963-1971

alt http://www.lawfulmoney.com/nlm/_discjw/00000003.htm

• proud goat
    proud goat

thank you for your welcome Danny ! school was a nightmare for me to ,even now im scared of anyone finding out i was a witness ,it has made me really insecure with my friends ,

if anyone talks about witnessess my blood runs cold and i pray they will change the subject ,its amasing how the whole damed thing really screws you up!

i just cant tell you how good it is to talk with people who understand and dont think im completly crazy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit