Teachers showing the Berg video

by blacksheep 15 Replies latest social current

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Just heard from a couple of news sources that in San Diego, some teachers have been alledged to have shown the Berg video to their classes, telling them that "this is what Bush has done."

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "this is what Bush has done."

Was Bush the third one from the right hand side in the black hood wearing a gold ring? I thought it was him somehow.

I dont believe what you heard is true at all.

Brummie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Was Bush the third one from the right hand side in the black hood wearing a gold ring?

No, that was wolfowitz. Bush is just the one who ordered the omelette into which Nick Berg got scrambled. Supposedly, it will be an omelette worth the price, and eating from it will bring peace to the middle east and safety to Americans, like a giant yellow breakfast peace lilly, but tastier.

• freedom96
    freedom96

That teacher had no business showing that video. Very graphic, even for seasoned movie watchers. This is real, and horrible.

That video doesn't make me hate Bush for putting us into a war situation.

[deleted]

• Brummie
    Brummie

Oh there is a bit of truth in it after all, here is the Sandiago report, a bit different to what you heard BS

http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/news/3305827/detail.html

• Corvin
    Corvin

As a San Diego resident who has a 17 yo daughter in a high school located in the same district as the two teachers in question can verify that, yes, teachers are showing the video to their students.

Yesterday, my daughter came home from school and told me that her teacher brought the entire video to class on disk and told the students that they could watch it after class if they wanted to. My daughter declined. Thank god.

I only watched a portion of the video myself, no sound, and had to turn it off after the first two slices were made . . . then promptly went and vomited.

I am pissed that any teacher would take it upon themselves to decide whether or not my child or any child should watch this video. If my daughter had have watched it without my consent, I would have gone up to the school and punched her teacher right in the nose, without fail.

Corvin

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

I would FREAK out if this happened in my kids' classroom. I am in shock that anyone would even want to watch it themselves, much less display it for students.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

We can count on Six to be Mr sensative. What's the deal around here, are only conservatives thrown of the board for "inciting hatred?" The teachers in question, if they did this, should be fired and NEVER allowed to "teach" children again.

• Ciara
    Ciara
    I am pissed that any teacher would take it upon themselves to decide whether or not my child or any child should watch this video. If my daughter had have watched it without my consent, I would have gone up to the school and punched her teacher right in the nose, without fail.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Corvin.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

It was certainly a lapse of Judgement to show it but I dont think he should be fired. People learn from their mistakes. If it is your intention to protect "the children" perhaps not creating wars that go on into their adulthood requiring their draft would be a better start.

Its not as if this man is a child molester that is a high risk of repeating the offense either. Nor did he do anything to cause physical harm. Additionally the students themselves were high school students who were given an option to watch. I object to them being called "children." If you recall that term was used rather facetiously way back in 1985's "The Breakfast Club" in refference to high school students.

Finally the students are in massive support of the teacher in question. They made the decision to watch it and knew what was on it. I agree it was inappropriate, a lot of people are on this board, I have yet to meet Jesus Christ on here.

BTW I used to live in El Cajon and have lived in the county my whole life. I went to grossmont college briefly in the summer of 1998 and dont think that one benign lapse in judgement with no harm done should lead to the firing of well liked teacher. That is absurd. Lets destroy your life so easily if you think his should be. Good god people.

Actually now that I think about it I would bet there are a number of universities out there that would pick him up in a second and pay him a lot more. If the spineless administrators throw him under the bus as I am sure they will, he'll probably go on to great prominence at SDSU.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit