What truths have you come to embrace?

by Steve Lowry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

By this I mean, what general basic truths or principles have you acquired in your life that you can use to better understand human behavior as it unfolds before you? (It doesn?t have to necessarily be human behavior.)

Here are two I have learned:

No one is capable of doing anything for another without some element of selfish motivation attached.

and,

Ultimately, you wind up doing whatever it is that you want to do the most.

I believe these two basic truths are important in helping to understand the ?whys? of what people do (including myself) and how they interact with each other.

What have you learned?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

What have I learned ?

To be honnest : basically the same as you (nothing more)

• dh
    dh

cravings are the root of unhappiness

sausage is a funny word

nobody has answers, they just have their own acceptance

Online, people are their moods.

there's a certain amount of security in knowing what people think about you.

enema is popular in the US

music is louder in the dark

oprah doesn't give a shit

sometimes it's easier to share with someone who can't respond

people choose their deceptions

God does his best work in the name of the devil

The devil does his best work in the name of God

-

my avatar likes you

(edited to shorten the list etc)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    God does his best work in the name of the devil
    The devil does his best work in the name of God

I like those two statements ... it seems so right !

• shera
    shera
    No one is capable of doing anything for another without some element of selfish motivation attached

I am not trying to say what you have encountered in your life isnot true buuuuut, this statement isn't true when it comes to me.I'm not trying to sound better then other people or sound self righteous.When I do something for someone,I do it because I want to and because I want to help people out.If they can't or don't ever do anything for me,that is fine.I never expect anything in return.Perhaps I'm a little selfish if I enjoy the happiness I try to bring in persons lives.That's just me and I know there is many people in the world that just do things to get something in return.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have come to believe the bible is not 100 % authentic and I feel man has written the bible to how they want to control.

I believe there is a God and being spiritual is much better than religious.

No seince in dwelling of the past,forget all the crappy stuff you have been threw because of miserable people and be happy.Get rid of the anger and live.

• Mary
    Mary

1. I will pay more taxes than I should have to
    2. Life isn't fair
    3. This religion we belong(ed) to sucks.
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Ultimately, you wind up doing whatever it is that you want to do the most.

Somehow Shera it means the same ...

you problably know lots of women who would give their pride to a man who don't even care for them (for instance) their pleasure maybe, but a least it is what they want to to the most.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

hmmm....things I have learned:

1. Everything happens for a reason. Life has lots of lessons ready for us to learn and the goal, imho, is to figure out what those lessons are.

2. Not to be so hard on myself when I make a mistake. We learn by our mistakes and it is a normal process in life.

3. That I hold an inner strength to overcome anything thrown my way.

4. What goes around comes around.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scoot:
    Amen!

If I were to distill what I've learned into a single turth it would be this:
    "Love".

To unpack that just a little - it's the wholehearted kind. For God, for self, for fellowman, for everything around me.
    It can make the most incredible things happen.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I've learned that we really know very little of the purpose and origin of life.

The universe is way to big and complicated for us humans to understand.

Love is the greatest emotion to motivate good actions toward others.

Religion is a very dangerous tool when in the wrong hands.

The "heart" of man is an expression that can not be explained when referring to his nature. No one knows why it developes so differently in individuals or how it works.(Hereditary, physical brain pattern, social association, etc.)

I'm getting old.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit