abortion...Do parents have the rights to know..

by Brummie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The girl is going to be responsible for the child for the rest of her life, the parents wont be. Im not saying a 14 girl has the wisdom to make such a decision, but I sure as hell wouldnt want someone making that choice for me.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The fact that teens are so terrified of telling their parents about a pregnancy that they are willing to get an abortion without the parent?s knowledge speaks volumes about a very major problem with the family. A child should never be afraid of telling their parents such a thing... but the reality is that there are MANY teens in that very situation.

Until this problem is resolved I fully support a teen's right to have an abortion without the parents even knowing about it. Insisting on taking a "high moral ground" at the expense of making a teens life a living hell (or risking suicide) is not rational. We do not live in a perfect world therefore we should not expect perfection from anyone.

There is the human factor that must be taken into account. Sometimes an imperfect solution is the superior solution.

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Well... this is something that i was trying to find out about a little ago and see if it was possible for a girl under the age of censent (16) to have an abortion without telling her parents.I know that it's possible for someone to go to a clinic and get protection, the pill, and a disease check.

Being around the age of the girl i believe that we should be ablt to have an abortion confidentially. Iknow that if i was ever pregnant i wouldnot be able to tell my mother. Hell, if my mother even knew i was having sex she would kick my ass. She keeps giving me the lecture of 'how there is plenty of time' etc. but is very naive to the fact that i am no longer a virgin.

It's not the fact that my parents are abusive, don't listen etc. cos thats not true. They are lovely people, i couldn't ask for better but they would not be able to understand me if that happened.I would prefer to make my own decision and not be judged. The only problem with this is when problems occur afterwards that could be very dangerous.

I'mstill in favour of confidentiality though!!

xLaurax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit