The human eye - faulty?

by El blanko 13 Replies latest jw friends

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

AiG is a really stupid website that commits intellectual sins worse than any the watchtower can be implicated in.

I like the watchtowers more truthful stance on genesis put forth in the creator book.

The eye is made from lumps on a babies brain turning inside out. It is not some organ that was speacialty designed by God. If you read genesis it has no concept of evolution so you can't say it denies evolution. That is not the point for genesis creation is largely a myth anyway.

I would like to know why do creationist and most theist have to argue that. 1) God is perfect and knows how to build anything correctly with out practice. 2) That God would not be like a car company and use what ever off the self parts the could rig together, and use the most cost effective designs and materials.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    I've not seen you asserting a literal belief in the Biblically described creation; if you DO believe that we could have some really interesting conversations!

Correct. I have thought intensely about the Bible being strictly a literal source in all areas and I can't in my heart of hearts. I would be lying to say otherwise. I would love to, as it makes this life easier and that is why I became a witness, to make sense out of this heap of ours.

I tend to lean into the occult world now to build my faith in other realities and like to hear other's experiences and see if patterns exist that I can easily shoehorn into a Bible based framework.

At the moment I am studying a set of articles about human consciousness and intuition, that I am fascinated with to be honest. I have no great interest in stripping apart atom by atom the universe and little ability to do so. I take your point on life sciences and have a friend who happily points out existing mechanisms of life and I understand that this can add another dimension of understanding and appreciation.

Contemporary science was fathered by mystics and this seems to have been forgotton and I would suggest that the attempted rationalization that is performed in almost every aspect of our lives, is helping to bend our lives out of shape and as I said earlier, helping to stifle, if not destroy an instinctive part of our being. The mystical if you like.

How can anybody rationalize the sensation we feel when we step out into a beautiful fragrance filled forest, or plunge into a cool lake on a summers day?

I still see God in my inner visions and yes, in that sense I lean towards being a mystic.

The other thread I started today about "orbs" has hardly even been considered or commented on. I truly believe that there are intelligent powers who operate from other dimensions (that sounds really naff I know, hoe Xfiles) - the more I read, the more I am convinced. Simply because contemporary science chooses to look the other way or can't measure something, does not mean that it does not exist. There is evidence out there, there really is.

Which leads me on to God. Most of the time, I'd say yes, I am a believer and do not simply pooh pooh the arguments put forth by creationists. I am not the most learned person alive, but credit myself with being at least a thinker and mull over information. Within my limited vision and understanding at this present time, their arguments seem sound enough to me in some areas. Still can't see anything wrong with that article on the eye by the way.

I am always willing to learn otherwise though and credit myself with not being an overtly dogmatic individual.

I accept the following:

MAN is not, perhaps, so ignorant of anything, or any creature, as of himself. His own system, after all the art and inquisition of human ingenuity, is still to him the profoundest mystery in nature. His knowledge and faculties are adequate to the sphere of his duty. Beyond this, his researches are impertinent, and all his acquisitions useless. He has no adequate notions what the laws of the universe are with respect to any species of existence whatever. A cloud rests on the complicated movements of this great machine, which baffles all the penetration of mortals: and it will for ever remain impossible for man, from the most complete analysis of his present situation, to judge, with any degree of precision, of his own consequence, either as a citizen of the world at large, or as a member of any particular society. ?David Hume.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    AiG is a really stupid website that commits intellectual sins worse than any the watchtower can be implicated in.

How - prove it

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Contemporary science was fathered by mystics and this seems to have been forgotton

Mmmm.... "contemporary scienece" may study the same subjects that "natural phiolosophy" studied, but it is the METHODS which render them akin to chalk and cheese. Perhaps look into the dawn of modern science and what makes it different to that which went before? It might be interesting.

Jesting apart, if you DO feel the AiG website has "interesting and valid points", tell me what they are, and I will show you exactly what level of intellectual dishonesty and bad science they aspire to.

All the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit