by El blanko 13 Replies latest jw friends

• El blanko
    El blanko

Just a link to provoke thought:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1139.asp

Well written I thought.

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

I don't mind faulty eyes. It keeps me busy all day long!

EyeDrEvil

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Could anyone really seriously claim that (in terms of how it brilliantly carries out its function) our eye demonstrates anything but superb precision and perfection?

lol, uh, yeah. That's why people routinely have laser surgery that provides vision much better than nature provides at her best.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

So that's my problem !!!! Can't speak for all eyes but mine are certainly faulty. Bug

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I SEE the point...Will keep my EYES OUT for more info....

• AlanF
    AlanF

The Answers in Genesis website's reply is simply dumb. It doesn't even attempt to answer the problem of why the human eye has a blindspot, whereas the eyes of octopi and squid don't. Nor does it deal with the simple fact that the latters' eyes are a good deal more sensitive to low light (them living usually in deep, dark water) than human eyes are. So its argument fails on this count .

As usual, creationist arguments are easily seen to be nothing but excuses and sidesteps.

AlanF

• El blanko
    El blanko
    its argument fails

I do not think the argument necessarily falls apart and certainly is not "dumb" (according to my dictionary definition).

Can any man stand there and claim to embrace full knowledge on any given subject?

A creationist's argument is as valid as a contemporary scientist's argument in my opinion. Both may have holes under close scrutiny and both have wider claims that require faith.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    That's why people routinely have laser surgery

That swings us right back round to whether one believes in the fall of man again

If you don't then fair enough. Problem solved, take the cross species evolution route. Dismiss the mystical and expell the magic from this world. For everything is mechanical and ticks without the power of a creators hand.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

El blanko

Dismiss the mystical and expell the magic from this world. For everything is mechanical and ticks without the power of a creators hand.

Has anyone ever proved otherwise?

But it sounds like you LIKE believing in the mystical, and don't know enough about life sciences to appreciate the magic there is in them. The former is fine. The latter is fine too, but believe me, if you study the life sciences, at a certain point things really start to make sense in a quite beautiful way.

I kind of presume you believe in god using evolution and naturalistic methods to make everything come about; is that so? I've not seen you asserting a literal belief in the Biblically described creation; if you DO believe that we could have some really interesting conversations!

8-)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The Answers in Genesis website's reply is simply dumb.

Agreed. When I was a dub trying to convince myself of evolution being a faulty theory, I read several AiG articles. As bad as I wanted to disprove evolution to myself, I could not get around the sheer stupidity of almost every AiG article. Their articles supporting a young earth are just as bad if not worse than the anti-evolution garbage.

It does provide a bit of comic relief, though, so the site is not entirely worthless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit