American Idol down to 3

by Mulan 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can't believe La Toya got voted off. Jasmine seems to be a very sweet girl, but to keep her and vote off La Toya is nuts.

I am hoping with it getting down to just 3, that there aren't enough voters in Hawaii to keep her in the competition. If she wins the whole thing, one of the other girls will have been robbed.

I think Simon should rethink his scathing, hurtful comments. I think lots of people voted for Jasmine because he made her cry.

Anyone else agree with me?

• jukief
    jukief

I agree, Marilyn. I think Jasmine is mediocre, at best. It was a travesty that she stayed and LaToya went. But, then, that kind of thing's been happening all along. Look at the Johns... OMG. Since the very beginning, I thought LaToya and Fantasia should be the last two standing. They really need to change the way the whole show works. I've heard some people talking about having you vote for the person you want to leave. That would certainly change the dynamics and make it harder for people to keep talentless people in the competition just because they're "cute" or "nice" or for some other lame reason! I do have to say, though, that once it came down to LaToya and Fantasia last night, I was glad to see Fantasia survive. I really like her. Her voice is unique, and she can sing the hell out of those slow songs.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I agree about Fantasia. Her voice is good and she is very consistent. She has had a lot of publicity this week, and it might have helped her stay in too. There has always been something about her I don't care for, but she seems to be a really loving, nice person, so I am changing my mind.

I think it will be Diana and Fantasia in the end, (if Hawaii can get control of themselves) and the results will be like Clay and Ruben. Both will do well in their careers.

• Redneck
    Redneck

I have to say I was quite surprised that Jasmine was not voted off...But then again am amazed at some of the ones that got booted earlier..Like that ohhh so fine Jennifer..

I believe its going to be Fantasia and Diana in the end..

I cannot stand Fantasia..her voice is ok..but the whole package is just ughhh to me..

• Princess
    Princess

American Idol has become figure skating.

I only watched that one episode with Mulan when her power was out a couple of weeks ago. I read in USA Today that Jasmine was most likely to be eliminated last night and even Paula couldn't find anything nice to say about it. The fact that LaToya was eliminated makes it a pity party popularity contest and I guarantee they will be changing the rules for next season.

I hate that show.

• bebu
    bebu

AT&T is encouraging all these votes by text, so the fans vote as much as they can afford. And AT&T is making a killing on this; it's win/win.

Of course, the show loses all credibility when it becomes a popularity contest rather than a talent contest, and so viewers will decline in the future, ratings drop... etc. (I feel pretty disgusted that LaToya got dropped. She should have won.)

But their golden goose won't be completley cooked as long as some of these golden singers still get contracts even though they lose. (Kimberly Locke, Clay Aiken, RJ Helton, etc. etc)

bebu

• Gopher
    Gopher

I read an implication in Time magazine that the reason Jennifer was voted off (about 3 weeks ago) even though she is talented and not bad-looking is because viewers enjoy Simon's caustic comments, and if you kept Jennifer on you wouldn't hear that side of Simon as much.

I believe that of the last 5 singers, LaToya and Diana had been giving the best performances.

But the American public wants a pretty face to accompany the females they listen to, so they are voting for Jasmine and Diana. It's AMERICAN idol, and the American viewers are getting what they want.

I doubt that it will change. I don't know how it can, unless it becomes like "Star Search" -- where they used to balance the public's and judges' votes, giving each 50% of the final score. Now it's entirely up to the judges. It became a talent contest that nobody watched.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

the pretty one got voted off first! If they want pretty, why is fantasia still there. I wince every time I see her face and her voice buggs the hell outa me. The whole contest is BS anyway.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    the pretty one got voted off first! If they want pretty, why is fantasia still there

I probably over-generalized. There is not one common "public" opinion. America is divided into a lot of micro-cultures.

The way the winners and losers are determined is hokey, but the controversy is part of what is keeping people watching and talking about it.

Perhaps someday people will lose interest, who knows?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think when it gets down to three, there aren't enough voters or time to vote, in Hawaii, to keep Jasmine.

She is a pretty girl. I don't think it's a beauty thing at all. Ruben is not good looking at all. Clay is nice looking, but not gorgeous, just normal.

I thought all the girls were very attractive. Fantasia just has an attitude I don't like, but as I said before, the other contestants in interviews think the world of her, and feel she is just the nicest one there. I have misjudged people before, and really what can you tell from a TV show?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit