Do jws provide care and conselling?

by badboy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

In some of the description given to the Charity Commission,they give care and conselling as one of the things they do.

Any details appreciated.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

The Watchtower Society never does anything without it furthering its own agenda. Any benevolence is strictly coincidental.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    care and conselling

As long as they leave this undefined they can get away with using the terms. If questioned intently about it they could say they provide care for their own and spiritual counseling to the flock and any possible converts (although of course they do not convert anyone)

But left undefined they could easily get away with such a loose term

• five_crew
    five_crew

they give care and conselling as one of the things they do

They like to think that they give care and counseling, but I think that their emotional growth is so stunted that they don't know how to. How caring is shunning unbelieving family members? What comfort is it that you lose your Mother, Father, Brothers and Sisters, Sons and Daughters?

• Fleur
    Fleur

care and counselling?

sure, if you count the elder who told me in so many words that my miscarried baby wasn't really a life and read me some scripture that was a quote from job somewhere about how he would have been better off if he'd died in the womb like a 'hidden miscarriage'....then yeah, they counseled and cared for me.

that and telling me to be a better wife and pray more when i told them that i was afraid of my husband's temper.

they're dispicable.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Care and counselling?????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• shamus
    shamus

Not only do they not approve of counselling but they strongly discourage it; even if you're depressed. That is why the suicide rate is so high amongst Jehovahs Witnesses. The control is just overwhelming.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the suicide rate is so high amongst Jehovahs Witnesses

Mental illness is amongst the highest in the dubs in NSW.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

a s high suicide rate umongst JW is a crock of sh*t

they do however have a high rate of epstiein barr and chronic fatigue and carpal tunnel -lol

• 4JWY
    4JWY

As life-long JW's, we had been "inactive" for nine months - my JW dad commits suicide - we get NO phone calls or visits from elders from our congregation or from dad's - other than one who called to ask, "IS IT REALLY SO??"

Do they provide care and counselling?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit