One prayer that works for you.

by Steve Lowry 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sirona:I mean only that we need to retain the perspective that whatever we have imagined is but a taste...
    That the reality exceeds this.

As for images, I only visualise that which I have seen...

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

One prayer? Just the one?

But always the one that works.

"Lord, lord, up above,

Give me the strength for one more shove."

cheeses. Who appreciates the value of preying.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I don't pray for things, exactly. When I want to do my best to ensure that certain things happen in my life, I work magic. I'm still getting the hang of it.

When I talk to god, it's never to ask for "stuff" unless I'm feeling very bad. It's always communion, hospitality, adventure. (My petit dieu, my personal muse, always gets the first toke. Always.)

Before meals, my grandpa used to pray, "Come, Lord Jesus, and be our guest / And let these gifts to us be blessed." That's the spirit in which I offer verbal prayer these days. Though I'm not a Christian any more.

GentlyFeral

• Carmel
    Carmel

"Is there any remover of difficulties save God? Say, Praised be God, He is God. All are His servant and all abide by His bidding!

carmel

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When I wake up each day I quietly sit by the side of the bed and thank God for the new day, and ask for wisdom and strength to face all experiences it will bring.

DY

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

The one that always worked out for me :

Back-off ! AMEN

just kidding !

• startingover
    startingover

Something to consider about prayer:

http://thehappyheretic.com/9-97.htm

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

A prayer for agnostics (works for me!)

"To whom it may concern: Please save my soul, if I have one."

Jankyn

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Steve,

Yes, I most certainly think that we can both be right. My interpretation of a higher power is only what works for me. I may just choose to look at it my way because I haven't gotten over some mental JW blocks, etc.

My main point is simply that this prayer or calling on a higher power thing always happens within our OWN minds and, for me, realizing that helps me to keep it in perspective so that I don't think I'm too "special" but also not insignificant in this world either.

Brad

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    The one that always worked out for me :

Back-off ! AMEN

lol that was funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit