I have arrived! (Bend, Oregon)

by Xander 21 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse
    But cross-country is usually pretty safe.

As long as it's in your Lincoln Navigator.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Xander,

Welcome to the North-West, which you may have noticed already is one of the most beautiful areas on the planet, despite Onacruse living here. Glad that you enjoyed your journey and I wish you and your partner a very happy future life.

Best regards - HS

PS - Even further North is even further nicer.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

omg -now im know why i left that area (pac northwest) to become a fashionista in NYC--lol

• Xander
    Xander

I could have *sworn* their was a poster on the boards actually *IN* the area, though.

Dunno, maybe I'm delusional.

Anyway, is good to be here! I'll try to post more pics later. It's a nice spot!

• Valis
    Valis

Xander...best of luck! It looks very scenic and would love to see that part of Oregon some day. Good to see you back

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Glad you made it okay Xander !!! Thanks for sharing the pics of your trip too !! And is that an SUV I see you driving?

XW

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I'm so jealous! I love Bend, Oregon.....I went to visit a friend of mine there a couple of years ago and had a hard time coming back to Chicago...go figure....enjoy!

• Xander
    Xander
    And is that an SUV I see you driving?

Yes, but it's a very tiny and fuel economical one! At least, for an SUV. Heh. We needed to haul 2 tons of stuff across the country, though. Options were that or a some old diesel-fuel-belching Ryder or something. I'll take the Liberty, thx.

I do want to get a nicer, smaller, more economical car soon, though. When this one is paid off, we'll see what we can do. As it is, I work from home (although I'd *like* to find an IT job in the area - nobody seems to be hiring, though) and my wife works all of 5 miles from home, so we don't use it much. She plans on biking to/from work all summer.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hey, congrats on escaping the Akron/Canton area!

• Xander
    Xander

Wasn't really in that area - I was NE of Cleveland. Kinda between Cleveland and Erie.

Odd how weird that comment felt, by the way. I've already forgotten so much about it, and it's only been 4 months! HAH! Maybe there IS hope!! Leave for long enough and it really DOES go away!!!

(Naw, my town of Painesville I remember very well...but I never did get to Cleveland much, so it doesn't stick around very well. I already know Salem better than I ever did Cleveland, and am working on Portland - which is a MUCH bigger city, if only slightly more populous!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit