Regrets

by New Castles 12 Replies latest jw friends

• New Castles
    New Castles

Has anyone ever seen or heard or knew about something that was wrong in the cong. but never said anything because you were still under the influence? Do you regret not saying or doing anything about it now? (if you could)

Personally, I remember just sitting there during a sheperding call I went with an elder while he just emotionally beat up on this sisters son about not making a definite step in the organization. I felt bad for him because he was a cool guy, but I just nodded and agreed with the elder. I wish I would've said something...

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Actually, when I was 13 I had a best friend who was getting in trouble, she'd meet these "worldly boys" while walking down the street and then sneak around to meet up with them and "fool around." I turned her in, and instead of remaining her friend through what I'm sure was a very difficult time, I wrote her a terrible terrible letter, and called her slut, and said I never wanted anything to do with her again. She was later DFd and married a man who was terribly abusive to her. I tracked her down about 3 months ago, after not talking for over 11 years and talked and we made peace, I hope anyway. Funny thing is she lives just blocks from my parents. My regret is that I was self-righteous, and not mature enough at the time to realize how I may have been hurting her.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Actually mine is opposite. I told some stuff to my ex before he was an elder. Then when he became an elder he spewed it all out, I got in trouble as did the family i was talking about. They moved cong. and didnt want to talk to me anyomore.

If i had known he was going to 1) be and elder 2) rat me out, I would have never never never told him anything.

• Maverick
    Maverick

The longer we live the more things we will regret. I try not to think about all the stupid and thoughtless things I've done in the past. And shutter at the realization that I will do more regretful things still. We live, we learn and we make the best of things. Try not to beat yourself up too much. We were all under the spell of those wicked, petty, J-dud Masters. We willingly did their bidding. One great lesson in life is that we have to live with our past! Maverick

• Simon
    Simon

Oh, so many ... things I've said, things I've done, things I should have said, things I should have done.

It's no use beating yourself up over it all though - you just have to do the best you can with what yopu know at the time and have been brought up or conditioned too.

It helps you sleep better if you try your best to make up for things though

• talley
    talley

Thanks Maverick,

I needed that. It wans't about anything in the Cong., but rather something in my foolish and thoughtless 30's. Some of us don't gorw up until very late in life. But your outlook above is a bit of a comfort as I think about what you said. Thanks again.

talley/Judy

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

In spite of their abuse, I do regret some of the hateful words I spewed to my parents. Just because their behavior was inexcusable, it didn't give me the right to be like that back. All I remember is their hate to me. I know there were good things that happened. I just don't remember them. I worry sometimes that's all they remember of me - the bad things.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention...

Embrace the past. Acknowledge it. Learn from it. Then move on...

The clock continues it's relentless ticking, and spares none.
    Use and enjoy every second profitably.

• Puternut
    Puternut

A rear view mirror in a car, is a reminder of where you came from. If you only look at the rear view mirror, you will crash.

Puternut

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

True, but in you NEVER look in the rear view mirror you'll never see that idiot behind you eating a sandwich, speeding toward you, without even a hint of hitting his brakes, in time to give him the finger, before he crashes in to you, sending you right in to a firehydrant, and sending gallons of water spewing in to the sky and in through your sun roof, therefore ruining the interior of your car.

so there.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit