New Awake , "Lonely but not Alone"

by boy@crossroads 14 Replies latest jw friends

• findingme
    findingme

Please don't dispair, Obviously Secret. You may feel shy, but you appear to have exceptional communications skills by the way you write and respond to peoples' posts. Part of your shyness may be distrust toward people or lacking self-esteem. It's not an uncommon feeling, and it doesn't nessarily disappear later on in life. Sad, but true. I didn't start coming out of my "shell" until I made up my mind I was the only one who could do it for me. It takes courage and patience, because not everyone will like it or appreciate it. "SO WHAT" I finally have to say.

Don't get me wrong, there are still days I cry about this. It doesn't help that I'm a very sensitive person and very aware of people's reaction toward me. Sometimes I can brush it off, sometimes I can't.

Hang in there, OS! Share with us, we will listen.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Looking back on it - my JW life was VERY lonely.

I'm glad I'm not lonely anymore. I went to dinner last wednesday with some friends (cinco de'Mayo party) - in the end 22 of us all went to the restaurant together - what a blast! AND I didn't have to worry about what I said, how I acted, yadda yadda yadda.

A few margaritas later I was a salsa dance queen (ha ha)...and no committee meetings will be held

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

I find the title of that magazine to be quite ironic!

Lonliness seems to sum up my experience of the organisation that claims to have a worldwide brotherhood of so-called loving brothers and sisters! My dealings with them have left me feeling that:

If you are too good looking..they dislike you.

If you have a nice home..they dislike you.

If you have "success" in the "ministry"..they dislike you.

If you own a decent car.. they dislike you.

If you wear nice clothes..they dislike you.

If your home has nice things..they dislike you.

If you give a good talk..they dislike you.

If you get invited round to a meal (and they don't)..they dislike you.

If your choice of music is not their taste..they dislike you.

If you watch T.V...they dislike like you.

If you miss a meeting..they dislike you.

If your answer to the watctower/book/TMS/service meeting study is too intellectual..they dislike you.

And the list goes on.

How can anybody feel loved and appreciated within such an environment?

Bay64me

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

My friend has seen that personally, a very good looking girl. All of the sisters hate her lol, my sister has to force herself to like her because she is so outgoing and good looking. Feel sorry for her, extra fuel to help her change Id say.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Thanks for the support finding me. I need it right now. I'm kind of outgoing but kind of shy alot of times. Most the time shy and sometimes I can be the most outgoing not caring about what people think of me person in the world. Kind of weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit