New Awake , "Lonely but not Alone"

by boy@crossroads 14 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Has anybody seen the june awake. its entitled "Lonely but not Alone". There must be a lot of jw's that can't find friends. Do you think this has to do with people dropping out of the org? I know in my area it was getting harder and harder to find people to do things with.

Also, There was an interesting picture I saw as I briefly thumbed through it. On "reasons for being lonely" there was a picture of a girl going into a classroom. The reason given was "attending a new school". I find it interesting they didn't say "attending a new congregation". Are they slightly considering that young ones today can make friends in their schools now.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Switching congs was hard on the kids, some kids in the kh are butheads like their parents. They are snobby and rude and mean.

bttt

There is always fun stuff to do here if you get lonely.

• New Castles
    New Castles

THeres alot of stuff I can think of doing if feeling lonely....

• undercover
    undercover

Shouldn't it be titled, "Alone, but not lonely"?

If it's aimed at singles who can't find a "suitable mate"(tm) it doesn't help to stigmatize them with the word "lonely". You can live alone, be alone but not be lonely. I loved my single years. I was never lonely. Today after many years of marriage, I cherish my alone times. My wife threatens at times to make it permanent however.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I believe the the article was written for older ones as well as singles.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The wording of the title, "Lonely, but not alone" seems to indicate that if you feel lonely among Jehovah's people, you are not alone - there must be a lot of Witnesses who feel lonely. Which is probably true. For a group that surrounds themselves with like minded people, they are insulated from making real friends. All relationships are filtered through the organization, and everyone knows that if you change your mind, they will kick you into the street.

Witnesses have no true friends inside the organization. They are all conditional upon conformance.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

THeres alot of stuff I can think of doing if feeling lonely....

Castles!

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

That statement saying how there aren't any true friends is true. There maybe associates that do alot and talk to them sometimes. However, it's force friendship, that can even tear perfect friends apart. And yes when you are DF'd no such thing as friends.

• findingme
    findingme

I was quite lonely as a youth in my congregation. I was terribly shy. Also, it seemed the more "popular" youth looked down on me because my dad wasn't in "the truth" and their dads were elders, or what have you. It wasn't my imagination, because I saw this in three different congretations. As much as I didn't want to admit it then, "Christian" youth are called that by name only. The reality is, most are not that different from "wordly".

When I married a Ministerial Servant, my shyness did not disappear. If anything, it came back due to being in a new family, new town, new congregation...I was constantly told by my husband to "be more like his sister"...or "why can't you just go up to people and start a conversation?".....or "what's wrong with you that you don't act like those friendly pioneer sisters?"

........eeeeeerrrrrrrrrr....it still upsets me now when I think back.....

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I am very shy myself. It's hard, I have so called friends but i have litterally no real friend. And i can't have a conversation with a person, immpossible for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit