Now That's HOSPITALITY! - story from a road trip

by talesin 17 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Nice story, Chevys. People are good. I find that if I put out positive energy, it eventually comes back to me.

exjdub

I'm so glad you enjoyed my little story so much! I'll have to think of what the next installment will be.

tal

• shamus
    shamus

Well, Talesin, (btw, nice to see you again)!!!

I was in the hotel management business for a while. Let's just say that I am recovering from it like the witnesses, LOL!

Wilst in the throws of that bullshit job, many people came in with car problems and we charged full price for they're rooms, and made them pay. It happened all the time. Not much you can do when a large group of people own a large hotel, I'm afraid.

I am oficially retired from that business now. Thank god. Although they did just call me and ask me to work May Long Weekend working straight midnights!!!!, LOLOL! I couldn't stop laughing... as I asked them if they were out of they're mind.

No, I won't be working may long weekend, I"m afraid.

• talesin
    talesin

Hey Shamus

Nice to see you, too, hon!

Yah, there's nothing you can do when you work for a large biz like that. You shoulda told them you would do it if they paid you quadruple!! But then, I'm just a money-whore. heheh (don't take that the wrong way, 'kay?) I know what my next story will be about now, though. You've inspired me! Some really nice folks that owned a Quality Inn in Fort Pearce, FL, yah, they were great ...

You know, I was gonna go to Lake Louise or Banff and work for a year or two back in the early 80s. It's soooooooo beautiful there, how can you stand it??? One of my favorite places was Hope. I have a cousin who lives there, but of course I haven't seen her in over 25 years because of you-know-what. Anyways, instead, I got married. What a young, impulsive fool I was back then. heheheh Oh well, I have changed,,, older and I hope wiser.

tal

• shamus
    shamus
    You know, I was gonna go to Lake Louise or Banff and work for a year or two back in the early 80s. It's soooooooo beautiful there, how can you stand it???

I've climbed nearly every mountain over in those parts, and hiked every trail if it was multi-day. How do I stand it? It ain't hard, LOLOL!

Yeah, I'm a money whore too!

Maybe next year I'll get out to the rock and check you guys out.... I'm planning a trip maybe to Toronto next year and would love to hop out to the east coast. It would be cool to meet for coffee.

Anyhoo, too far in advance to be planning this.... just tickling your ears.

• talesin
    talesin

Now I have a big ol' smile on my face!!!

If you are coming this way, let me know, I'll give you my number. You'll love Halifax! Well, most folks do. heheh

tal

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Tal,

Yep, there are a lot of good people out there that aren't JW's ! (Big surprise for most newly-out X-jw's)

I look forward to Part 2. I'll try to think of some, too.

One that comes to my mind is: 12 or so years ago, we were going thru New Mexico on the way to Colorado (My adopted state). We stopped in a little wind-swept village in the tree-less, high-plains desert in the NW corner of N.M. to get gas. Afterwards, I washed my hands in the Men's room and promptly left my Wedding Ring on the sink !

150 miles later...I *gasped* "WHERE"S MY RING?" The 2 hours it took to drive back was some of the longest in my life. My now X wife...a JW was reminding me the whole time how stupid and forgetful I was. And what a 'dumb' mistake...(oh, really...never figured that one) lol

Anyway...I drove up...ran inside...out-of-breath, asking "Has anyone found a gold diamond men's..." Old man behind counter -- "Hey there young fellar...bet you're lookin' fer this...aren't ya'? Me: "B-b-ut, HOW?" Him: Somebody turned it in right after you left...ah' figgered it was yors...and you'd be back!"

He would not accept any reward -- as "you'd a dun it fer me !"

My wife back then said, Hmmmm, I wonder if he's a Witness? Didja ask...?

N-o-o-o, I did n-o-t ...!

Rabbit.

I hope this comes thru right -- it has me listed as 'Guest"

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Talesin - what a great story - unbelievable! I practically burst out bawling.

That's great.

• talesin
    talesin

for my f/b friend... :)

"ain't that America?" ~ John Mellencamp

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit