Stumbling

by larc 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

"you could stumble someone" means that you are doing something(like not wearing a tie), that they dont want you to do. if they do something (like protect paedophiles etc that could really stumble you), then that isnt stumbling. it's all about controlling you and what you do.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Elsewhere:
    LOL @ that emoticon.

Pudd:
    Sounds a reasonable explanation to me

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I will never enter a kingdom hall again because of the Watchtowers imvolement with the U.N. and its poor handling of sexual abuse cases. Yet this organization talks about stumbling others? Why? because a movie they watch? Because they eat turkey on a certain day? Because they own a store that sells lottery tickets? Talk about an organization that has its head up its ass!!!

• blondie
    blondie

That is because the WTS is like the Pharisees

Straining out the gnat

But

Gulping down the camel

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I think people stumble when someone turns out the light. Where's the "new light"? Where's the "new light"?

• Englishman
    Englishman

This really happened, in Feltham, Middlesex congregation.

My dad was PO, his assistant was Ron Darnell.

Ron and my Dad used to meet up with the other "servants" after the meeting and go for a pint or two at "The Load of Hay" in Bedfont.

One day, a sister sent a message to my Dad saying that she had been stumbled. She said that she often looked out of her front room window to see all the brothers meeting up in the pub for an 'apres meeting' pint.

My dad went around to see her where she confirmed that she had indeed been stumbled by the ghastly vision of brothers going into the pub. Dad set about upbuilding her, then wandered over to the lounge window. He was stunned to notice that the entrance to the pub was not visible from the sister's lounge due to a large bush that obstructed her vision.

Thinking that he had been misled, he said to the sister: "How can you be stumbled by the sight of brothers coming and going from the pub? You can't even see the entrance from here!"

To which she replied: "I can if I stand on a chair!"

Englishman.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The whole concept of stumbling is how the WTS turns a "conscience matter" into an elder-enforceable rule.

They avoid printing silly rules in the magazines because they know they'll be criticized for it. The only thing printed is some seemingly balanced position.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    To which she replied: "I can if I stand on a chair!"

That's priceless!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Larc,

I just want to say how much I appreciate this post of yours.

For quite a while I was of the opinion that JWD needed to be kept squeaky clean in order that we didn't put off wavering dubs from coming here.

Now I see that I was mistaken in this, and resolve to keep my end of things an acceptable shade of grey.

So, if the waverers are stumbled by this, they, IMHO, have to overcome this, otherwise it may just be that they aren't yet ready to move out.

Being easily stumbled is not the mark of a potential apostate!

Englishman.

• Golf
    Golf

Engman, your dad should have invited her to the pub, women allowed?

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit