The Compassionate GB Member

by PopeOfEruke 14 Replies latest social humour

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

One afternoon a wealthy Governing Body member was riding in his limousine when he saw two men, on all fours alongside the road, eating grass. Disturbed at the site, the GB member ordered his driver to stop and then got out to investigate.

The GB member asked the first man "Sir, why are you eating the grass."

The man responded: "We don`t have enough money for food."

"Well, then," the JW said, "you can come with me to our Watchtower Farm".

"But, sir, I have a wife and two children with me."

"Bring them along," the GB member replied.

The GB member turned to the other man and declared, "You can come with us also."

The second man, pitifully, said: "But, sir, I also have a wife and six children with me."

"Bring them along, too," said the GB member.

They all piled into the limousine, which quickly became cramped, despite the roominess of the limousine.

As they were proceeding to the WT Farm, one of the poor fellows turned to the GB member and said: "Sir, you are too kind for taking us all to your farm."

The GB member replied: "I`m glad to do it... you`ll love the Watchtower Farm, the grass is almost a foot high."

• simplesally
    simplesally

Good little sheep.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Good one Sally! Actually this was a Compassionate Lawyer joke which I modifed. Its probably funnier as a lawyer joke, but not as relevant..

Pope

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

So it is true. The grass IS greener on the other side of the fence

• slipnslidemaster
  • justhuman
    justhuman

GB Compassionate!!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL Good one Pope!

• JohnR
    JohnR

I think the joke works very well the way it is presented here. The question is should I show it to my brother, the JW Elder, when he is over for dinner on Saturday?

John

• toreador
    toreador

Yes you should JohnR

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

John,

I'd say show your brother the joke for sure. Its not really offensive in any way.......I don't think it would cause any bad feelings.

I was toying with the idea of the joke as "Compassionate CO" rather than a GB member, but normally a CO wouldn't have a limo OR a house where grass was growing. I guess the CO could take the people to the Kingdom Hall? Anyway I really preferred the CO angle because a lot of Circuit Overseers are renowned for being stingy and un-caring.

Maybe try the joke as "Compassionate CO" with your brother?

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit