Does posting here build your character???Has It Help you in any way???

by frankiespeakin 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In a way I do because I have found so many in here that have similair experiences like me, funny and sad. I have even found a couple of people in here that I went to meetings with and served in bethel with!

On the other hand I have found that in the last several months I get more depressed and I think its because many bad memories have come up associated with the Borg where as normally I dont or try not to think of many of them and keep them surpressed in the back of my head.

• Flash
    Flash
    Does posting here build your character??? Has It Help you in any way???

Rebuild my character actualy from the erosion caused to my individuality by the not-so-spirit directed organization of God. Plus, for years I felt alone, out numbered, I don't feel that way anymore.

...normally I dont or try not to think of many of them and keep them surpressed in the back of my head.

Forty

There was a time when I could tell you EVERY WRONG that I had experianced and when it happened. I was consumed with anger to the point of having chest pains. I had to let it ALL go. It felt a little funny at first, but as time went by I was freed from my anger. When it occasionaly comes up I put the thoughts out of my mind and focus on something else...Their not worth it and I'm NOT going to let them destroy my peace anymore. That's why I left. Maybe it'll be the same with your depression? After all, we deserve better.

• shamus
    shamus
    I think when we post here we are rubing each other by a kind of energy that seems to be moving us in a good direction,,

It is very weird but has anybody else felt this???

No. Not really.

I find support here and venting sometimes; but this kind of 'energy' you speak of is only in your mind.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

People make me laugh really hard all the time, and laughing is a very good way to open your heart. That's really important because to be a JW you have to close your heart and lock it, because how else are you gonna deal with the idea that god is going to kill off most of the human race any day now?

I agree about the energy field. But as for building character, well, I'm 45, my character is pretty much built I think. It's all a matter of essential repairs from here on out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit