JW Mental Health

by Evesapple 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus
    shamus

Yeah, sounds like another internet bullshit story to me. Nothing new.

• Corvin
    Corvin

"JW mental health" . . . what a strange idiom.

• justhuman
    justhuman

There is no mental health in JW world, in fact most of them they suffer from:

Phobias

Scizofrenia

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

You can take a hike 4JWY. I don't need your permission to comment, Bergman is an obsessed little jerk.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Pork Chop:

Guess you would know what one is.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I don't think you need a degree to understand the mental illnesses of JW's....we could all right a book :)

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Yeah, but who would want to read drivel.

I think I'll run out and find a book on brain surgery written by some fruit picker.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

Pork Chop? somehow that name fits you. have a good day. and please don't insult people on my threads again. enjoy your brain surgery.....

• justhuman
    justhuman

I need to see a Shrink

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I know you mean well, so I've not taken offense to your statement which included the mention of the medication "Prozac". For many people who have issues with panic attacks and anxiety disorders, medications such as Prozac have been extremely helpful. JW's included, I would suppose--if they allow themselves to take it. Recently I have discovered that new research has shown that any of these types of medications that have serotonin uptake's in them, also greatly reduce the misery associate with Fibromyalgia. This is why I began this medication about a month ago, and I've seen remarkable overall improvement.

The sad thing about being a JW, is that you are made to feel less than everyone else if you have a "weakness" such as emotional or chemical imbalances. Supposedly, it's a sign that you "aren't spiritually strong enough", or that you "lack faith". This is narrowmindedness and has caused many emotionally disturbed and sick individuals "not" to seek professional help from qualified psychiatrists or counselors. So, for years and years, people suppress things that they should "work through" and get help for. They are caught in that trap and there is no help for them. To top it all off, just "being a JW" adds to all the emotional stress they are already living with.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit