If Witnesses were allowed to come and post here...

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I don't think a lot of witnesses doubt the teachings. I lot of them I know, could be told "jesus has come back in the form of mel gibson" and they'd believe it simply b/c 'its from the faithful and discreet slave'. They don't really have good reasoning skills.

As for numbers (increasing/decreasing) I still think the org. would lose a lot of people. If the org. did allow members to look at websites, true it probably wouldn't be viewed as a cult but a change such as described would eventually turn the system into something completely different. They'd probably end of changing their name too.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the shunning practice would have to be dropped at the same time. Otherwise, we will get the same thing we get now. A JW accidentally makes a post or two, goes OH! and backs out quickly.

Kind of like a homophobic finding himself in the middle of a gay bar.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I don't think most JWs think too deeply; if they did, they'd be out of the borg. I think most of them, certainly those who were RAISED as JWs and know nothing else just accept that it's the truth. Occasionally, they may get tripped up on something that's a "conscience" matter, like watching MTV, going to a church wedding, etc. But I don't think most of them (obviously WE'RE the exceptions!) have enough mental energy or guts to truly question the basic WT teachings.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

while your in good standing, havent been mistreated personally, and are successful in having it in your life you wouldnt look here, or even be curious.

after all, being a JW is your ONLY hope for salvation.anyway, 5 yrs ago i'd be appalled for anyone to even tell me these websites exsist. now i grasp at info on the web to help me regain some sanity and hope. i've felt dead for years and knowing others deal with the same as me helps ,more than anyone who hasnt been in my shoes, could ever appreaciate. if and when i'm df'd i may be dead to a lot of people, but i have to come to know that i'm NOT dead and find a life for myself.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    If witnesses were allowed to come and post here, what do you think would be the outcome?

it would be interesting, i would love to hear their viewpoints, i know it would make me stronger in how much bs the watchtower pushes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit