If Witnesses were allowed to come and post here...

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If witnesses were allowed to come and post here, what do you think would be the outcome?

Would they become weaker witnesses because of that?

Or maybe, could it even do the opposite and strenghten their faith?

• Sassy
    Sassy

for the most part it would only stress them out.. because if they are not willing to give up on their beliefs yet... and they sure are not going to turn any of us around...

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I think the "good" JW would be shocked. The first swear word they came across would prove to them that this is indeed Satan's site.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

There wouldn't be an organization for long, silly. After all, we expose the WT's circular reasoning. If they got wind of it, they'd leave instantly! Why do you think they don't allow them to post here!

• JH
    JH

Witnesses are aloud to defend their fate by going door to door, so why couldn't they do it here also?

I wonder which of the following are they more afraid of:

A) Talking to apostates here, or

B) Finding out certain truths here.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Witnesses are aloud to defend their fate by going door to door, so why couldn't they do it here also?

The WTS discourages this because they know that most JWs make asses of themselves when debating or talking to the media. This is also why in the recent talk "Beware of rebellious talk" the JWs were ordered not to talk to the media. Basically JWs are not to talk about Jehover in any forum that will result in their words being recorded for future examination. Think about it... how may house holders do you know who record conversations at their door and then give the recordings to the media? This is why door-to-door preaching is their main target. It becomes the word of the householder against the word of two JWs at his/her door.

Deniability... that is what the WTS wants to maintain.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I think if witnesses were aloud to look at websites, the organization would lose a large portion of its members. Especially a lot of young people. A lot of young people already don't like the control the organization puts on them and their lives. By saying "its ok to look at websites", the organization will lose control and people will feel they can do more than just look at websites, when the control is gone. Personally, hearing personal accounts about the watchtower has helped get rid of some of the watchtowers control from my mind.

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, if JWs were "allowed" to come here, post freely, etc.----the Society's numbers would go up. Because that would show that they weren't a cult. That would mean they did allow freedom of choice.If JWs could be more tolerant and less strict in their application of the rules, more Witnesses would stay and the numbers would go up. But it's a vicious circle for the organization.

• JH
    JH

I agree Minimus.

Too much restriction on their part is counterproductive.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I think most witnesses already doubt most of the teachings they hear at the hall anyway, so most of them would post in agreement with most of the treads if they could do so with their identies unrevealed.

For most the, Borg is more social than religious, it would not change their participation as a Dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit