My Sister got married and I wasn't invited

by bluesapphire 32 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Blue,

I think you did the right thing in making the best of an awfully difficult situation. As you said, one day, she may leave the jws, or at least soften her attitude toward you, and then perhaps this will pay off. Even if that doesn't happen, you did make the best of things and you should be commended for that.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Everyone has been so kind in their responses. Thank you.

Someone asked a question if I had ever done anything to her.

The answer is NO! We always got along and were the closest of sisters out of all the six siblings we were the closest.

What turned her against me was my leaving the JWs. At first she tried to get me to go back. But when the questions I asked her were making her doubt, she got scared. So the relationship cooled. And when my girls got baptised that was when she drew the final line.

She has made a couple of attempts at contact only to regress.

One day I killed her in my heart. And I thought I was over it and was moving along fine. Until the wedding.

So I guess I still have some healing to do. It is hard to be treated this way by her.

My own family is not JWs. And they arrived at the wedding and sat in the front row. I got there late and so my SIL came to the back and gave up her seat in the front to be with me. It was not necessary for everyone to do that. And it would have made a scene.

They were as supportive as they could be. And they are HER siblings also. They were there for her. My own mom almost didn't go to the ceremony because it was at a Kingdom Hall. I'm glad she changed her mind. My sister didn't go to our brother's wedding because it was in a church. But he went to hers anyway. That's how it is.

• Carmel
    Carmel

You clearly took the high moral ground. You are correct that someday she may wake up and realize what conditional love is vs your love. I have heard of several situations where an episode such as this was one of the keys to a person taking stock and realizing they are in the wrong.

Hang in there, my dear. You have won the battle because of your sincerity and genuineness.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit