A Brilliant Flash Of Light!

by Corvin 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Corvin
    Corvin

I was just examining the WT daily and found this little turd tucked away in the WT 3-15-00 page 13.

" . . . A brilliant flash of light on one Bible subject sometimes leads God?s anointed servants, "the faithful and discreet slave," to reexamine related topics, as the following recent example illustrates . . . So when our view of a Bible passage is clarified, let us rejoice in advancing truth! Really, our continuing to be enlightened confirms that we are on the right path. It is "the path of the righteous ones," which "is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established." (Proverbs 4:18) True, at present we see some aspects of God?s purpose "in hazy outline." But when God?s due time arrives, we will see the truth in all its beauty, provided that our feet have remained firmly planted on "the path." In the meantime, may we exult in the truths that Jehovah has made plain, awaiting enlightenment on those that are not yet clearly understood.

Anyone want to translate this crap?

Corvin

• Valis
    Valis

we keep giving you new light, which proves we are the sheyat.. and as long as you do what we say is "the path" the Jehovah will let you live in a pair o'dice on erth..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ball.
    ball.

That is actually a great quote! Quotes might chalk that one up.

think about this: the fact that questioning core doctrines, such as 1914 and 144,000 are enough to get you disfellowshipped, even from the Governing Body.

So the governing body themselves are prevented from questioning their own core beliefs.

I guess when you are restrained like that, the only way to have an idea is in a flash of light. And complex ideas which are formed in a flash of light are not a common occurance.

• little witch
    little witch

What is the most disengenuous about that paragraph is this: The wt very often is not "advancing" but flip-floping. Over the years they have taken on one stance, reversed, and took back the original stance even yet again!

I saw a really good website recently that listed the advance-reverse-advance examples. I will try to find it later and post the link.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Good point Little Witch. While the light for ones such as myself really does keep getting brighter and brighter, the WT's light really is more of a flip-flop.

Corvin

• ball.
    ball.

Perhaps we should coin a new phrase. What about "recycled light", yes the 21st century enviromentally firendly new light.

• reboot
    reboot
    continuing to be enlightened confirms that we are on the right path. It is "the path of the righteous ones," which "is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established."

I think it was Rutherford that gave an interesting illustration about light in an early Watchtower.

He compared the society's revealing of new light to lamps that were lit progressively-stating that the progressive nature of them as the spiritual light grew brighter was 'proof' that they had 'the truth' He explained that if therse lights were extinguished and then re lit(eg if truths previously revealed were then changed by the society) then that would prove that this was'nt the truth! That must have been written before any changes to policy were subject to the flip flopping that's now so common...I remember showing that quote to an elder as I was explaining my reasons for doubt...it was a good one to throw at them...

• little witch
    little witch

I am having trouble finding the site that gave so many examples, however this is another good site on the matter.

http://watchtower.observer.org/

Click on "changing doctrine"

I highly recommend this website for those who are into research, very informative.

• Valis
  • outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

A briliant flash of light huh?

Sounds like the miserable old degenerate has had another mini stroke!

And we are all supposed to fall in line with the stroke generated NEW LIGHT.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit