What to tell the persistant JW that keeps coming to the door?

by M.J. 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• patio34
    patio34

No offense against the man, but he needs to be more assertive. A simple "I don't want to talk about this at all and please don't call on me" would do it.

Pat

• talesin
    talesin

I had a friend who was having the same problem. She had already told them (nicely, she is not a very aggressive person) she wasn't interested. However, they persisted, and she was really feeling hassled.

My suggestion was, tell them you are a friend of mine. Then ask them if they knew me.

She did so. She also told them "I think she is a really nice person. I don't understand why her family is shunning her. It seems very cruel and inhuman."

They never returned. Scared them off, I guess.

Maybe he could use the same approach? Put them on the spot about the shunning policy and how despicable and unloving/unChristian it really is.

talesin

• blondie
    blondie

Send a certified, registered letter to the local KH asking that they no longer call and put you on their DO NOT CALL List. They are supposed to note it in the territory. Tell them that failure to comply, will result in legal action.

Let your family know this as well so they enforce it.

Even this may not stop them. You might call the local KH, ask for the presiding overseer, and ask that she stop coming.

Blondie

• Maya
    Maya

To simplify things.........again I say........

BIG ASS MEAN DOG

I'm tellin' ya........It works.......

and better yet......get one at the pound.......save a life.........scare a JW.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit