What to tell the persistant JW that keeps coming to the door?

by M.J. 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.

I have a friend who is constantly getting bugged by a JW co-worker who keeps coming to his house to preach to him. He's usually not home but she keeps disrupting the family. She's caught him like 2-3 times as he was already on his way out, so he's never taken the time to really talk to her much. He wants to get her to stop coming around, and perhaps say something profound yet brief in the process. He's not really well versed in Biblical topics...what would be a good thing for him to say?

• Fleur
    Fleur

aww. he wants to preach to her? no suggestions for that. i was going to say that if he really wanted to get rid of her the fastest way was to tell her that he had converted to paganism.

he'd never see her again.

• nemo
    nemo

Tell her he wants to be put on the do-not-call list. They will not return to the door.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A guaranteed turnoff, get a sticker from Silentlambs and put it in his front door. If that doesn't work, a few printouts from the same internet site should do the trick. http://www.silentlambs.org/store/index.cfm

• Faraon
    Faraon

Tell him to trade one of his hours of preaching for one of him going to the church he goes to.

Then ask the JW why is it ok for other folks to to to their meetings, but they can't go to other churches' services.

FaraĆ³n.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This doesn't seem healthy:

He's usually not home but she keeps disrupting the family. She's caught him like 2-3 times as he was already on his way out,

Tell her flatly not to call.

Ozzie

• Spooner
    Spooner

i'd wave a cross in his face and claim that you're evil, it would be funny nonetheless

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'd hand the JW a printed sheet saying "I'm not interested" . On the sheet would be dictionary definitions to explain what each of those words mean, since most witnesses obviously do not.

Walter

• Maya
    Maya

I know from experience that most JW's are not too awfully fond of BIG MEAN DOGS.......

Tell him to get a Rottweiler......

I did......they never came back.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Maybe you could try e-mailing him the links to the UN scandal, the Silent Lambs info, the Rand Cam scandal, etc. Have him print them all up, hand them to her and tell her that he'd like to discuss these issues with her when she returns. Two things could come out of it:

1. She might learn a thing or two about the WT and perhaps we could have a new poster on the board

2. She will label him an "apostate" and will stop coming to the door.

My .02,

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit