Friends is Ending

by simplesally 54 Replies latest social entertainment

• desib77
    desib77

Kate,

I think they mentioned calling the boy Jack after Ross and Monica's dad.

Do you happen to know what they did with Emma?

Desi

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

So could someone tell me what happened? I got that Monica and Chandler had twins. Did Ross and Rachel end up together?

• desib77
    desib77

Myauntfanny,

I copied this from an article about it on abcnews.com

The hour-long episode marked the end of 10 years for the sitcom, which followed six New York buddies as they moved from post-adolescence to something approaching adulthood. NBC privately predicted some 45 million viewers.

Monica and Chandler were surprised by twins and prepared for their move to the suburbs. Phoebe was already married, and Joey is headed west to get serious about his acting career (and star in an NBC spinoff starting in the fall).

Thursday's suspense involved Rachel's plan to take a job in Paris and whether Ross would try to stop her. The couple's tortured romantic past included a quickie Las Vegas wedding and a baby, born during last May's season finale and seldom seen since.

First, Ross couldn't say how he felt. Then he went to the wrong airport. Then Rachel rebuffed him, and finally had trouble getting off the plane. But did anyone doubt they'd be together in the end?

In the final scene, the six friends gave up their key to Monica and Chandler's apartment.

"This is harder than I thought it was going to be," Monica said, before the six friends left for one last cup of coffee babies in tow.

Desi

• Badger
    Badger

Oh, Boo Hoo...

I'll cry when these shows are cancelled:

1. 24

2. Monday Night Raw

3. MXC

4. The Daily Show

5. Cinemax Friday After Dark

• simplesally
    simplesally

Desi,

Emma was staying with Rachel's mom until Rachel got settled. Apparently, it was to be only a few days cuz Rachel said that her mom was coming over with Emma on Sunday. The Friends felt sorry for the mom travelling with a small baby, then Rachel quipped back that her mom would not stop talking, nagging, etc and it was really Poor Emma.

• desib77
    desib77

Thanks, Sally.....

Desi

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Geez, now what are yuppies going to do on Thursday nights since Friends is off the air?

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Thanks, desi.

• simplesally
    simplesally

CRR,

Well at least next week they will be watching the last episode of Frasier.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Katie I was thinking the same thing, about the birth scene being empty and it just wasnt emotional enough lol, it should have been played up more than it was.

I felt more emotion when Chandler and Joey hugged goodbye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit