Old Family Photo's - Where We Come From

by dh 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh
    The bride and groom in this photo look very young. Any idea how old they are in this picture?

i'm not sure how old, i have never asked and it's not a photo that anyone really knows that i have, i just used to take old things when i was a kid and now i have a collection , the older photo's i just scanned and put back. it's sort of something i never really brought up, see my grandma re-married to the best guy in the world, and even my mother never looked at him as being her stepfather, so who was i to bring it up... in truth it is the only photo i have ever seen of that grandfather, after he died there was no contact with his family and that was that, likewise i have only ever seen one photo of my own father, and again, because of the saga involved there, there was no contact with relatives nor is any possible, it's just nice to sometimes look at the photos.

in answer to the question, i don't know how old, but i think they must be over 20, even though they don't look it.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This is as old as I can find. My Mother and me...1967.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Where We Come From

I think this is one of my relatives.

• santacruzchick
    santacruzchick

My great great great.....(and them some) uncles...

My grandfather and his Indian friends =) (Some of the only memories I have of him are him telling me and my brothers about hunting w/ his Indian friends etc..)

My Yaqui greatgrandfather, and my Yaqui greatgrandmother. I saw pictures of them for the first time last summer, hidden away, in a dusty picture album at my grandmothers house (the grandmother who thinks she's white). So, at the encouragement of my aunt and uncle, I took some old family pics, certainly my grandmother won't miss them since she denies them. I put the pictures of my Yaqui greatgrandparents next to my bed, where I lay my head, for a constant reminder and comfort of who I am, and where I come from

(sorry if the pics come out too big, I don't know how to size them down.)

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Very nice, santacruzchick - I enjoyed those photos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit