Please becareful when mowing your lawn

by kls 23 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Shutterbug, that guy is way to stupid.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

David, if we ever have an aposta-camp, I hope you'll use a couple of pirate hooks when you tell that story around the campfire.

There's roosters laying chickens, and chickens layin' eggs;
    Farm machinery eating people's arms and legs:
    I ain't hurtin' nobody; I ain't a-hurtin' no-one.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Arrrrggggg Me Maties!!!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

OH! How sad... and yet, look at that face.... Ah, the resiliance of youth. I just hope the other kids aren't cruel

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There was an urban rumour in NZ about a pissed surgeon who tried to give a demo on how to use a lawn mower to trim a hedge. Picked it up by the body.......

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

When my son was 9 years old, He was spending the night with a friend a few houses away. The other parents were letting the boys play with the riding lawn mower...the were playing chicken...I don't know if my son won or lost the game...but he lost half of his foot. None of it could be re-attached.

He was in the hospital for several weeks. He's 19 now and an excellent skateboarder

Lisa

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I always cringe when I hear lawmower tragedies......guess I have watch too many episodes of Trauma: Life in the ER.

I just started letting my oldest use the lawnmower because I have an usual fear that my children will get hurt by a lawn mower,, I dont fear alot about other stuff they do, but with mowers I have almost a premonition type of fear.

In our local news a woman who was about 60 was out in her big yard on her riding lawn mower on day. Her husband noticed that she hadn't come back to the house so he walked to where she had been cutting the grass. He found the riding lawnmower turned upside down in a little ditch that was full of water. The man's poor wife, drowned in about 4 feel deep water, because she had some kind of strap on while riding the mower and when it flipped she was trapped. I didnt even know that riding lawn mowers had seat belt type restaints. Sad isnt it?

• detective
    detective

I'm definitely a little confused Insomniac. Was your father mowing the lawn in the evening/night or was the raccoon likely rabid? What a horrible story!

• Atilla
    Atilla

We once had a CO who lost two or three fingers because he had a landscaping businees like all good dubbies. He lost his fingers just sticking them under mower deck to check on something, maybe that's an inclination of who they pick to become a CO.

Also, I'm not sure if alot of KH's are this way but I went to a rural hall where mowing the grass was the publishers' responsibility and viewed kind of like a privlege like handling the mics. Although, many people dropped of the list after a awhile because mowing the grass at our hall really sucked. We had a huge lot of land that wasn't landscaped right and had huge hills and even a stream running through the middle of it. There was only one riding mower and it was one of those crapy Wal-Mart specials. I remember one year that the mower actually flipped on a brother who was trying to mow the steep embakement, he was ok. Anyways, looking back, mowing our hall was a good 2 if not 3 hours wasted every week during the summer.

However, I now notice that many of the churches around use professional landscaping services. I don't think I would have minded paying a little more in donation money so we could have had the same service at our hall. However, I think that may have just thought about sending the extra money to Brooklyn and keep mowing on their own.

• kls
    kls

Well with all these mower accidents adults and children i guess the only way to stop these is for everyone to get a few goats, they mow ,fertilize, mow fertilize. I had horses do my mowing but you walk in one of them fertilizer apples and the stench will follow and the flies love ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit