Sex Education and JW's

by doodle-v 28 Replies latest members adult

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think it's all in the wording. When I hear "I have no desire to have sex", I take that as meaning he has no emotional or physical desire to have sex. In fact, he's got no testosterone.

If he said, "It's my choice not to have sex", then that's completely different. It means he's (trying to) take control over his physical and emotional desires, and repress as much sexual desire he has.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    I have no desire to date, or have sex.

Well that's ok, I guess you know your own body better than anyone else. However I believe you are missing my point, which is that a large part of parents responsibility is to realize that you should NOT ASSUME ANYTHING. Meaning you should not assume that just because you raise them to love Jehovah and pray and be a good little witness that they aren't going to end up in a compromising situation. Also you should not assume that they will have sex anyway, but IN CASE THEY DO then they will at least use their brain and use protection or know where to go to buy birth control. Ultimately the parents can't monitor everything their children do, all we can do is give them some tools to make proper decisions, and if they do make a stupid choice, to be able to live with the consequences and move on.

-Doodle-V

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

He may have the right to express him opinion but he doesn't have the right to come on this site and insult the majority of people here!!!

That was my point, his email was slightly harsh and insulting to several of us.

xLaurax

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey Keepinit...... I'm not going to insult you, in fact I ACTUALLY agree with you. I too remained chaste as a witness growing up. I WAS allowed to attend the sex ed classes at school and my mother was a very open person when it came to sexuality. It was a safe guard for me, and I never had the added stresses of it to deal with growing up. I'm thankful that I DIDNT have a boyfriend to complicate growing up. I dont think teenagers should be involved in sex, unfortunately Keepin, not every child gets raised with the clear understanding of sex that you and I were.

p.s. the majority of the people on this board are VERY intelligent, and well educated. I'm sure later on down the line whne you get older, you'll come to appreciate that. Oh yah, by the way, Dan's right about this:

Maybe some day you'll be lucky enough to find out how good it feels when your yes means "Yes! YESS! YYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSssssss!!!"
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Keepinitreal !

New posters normally get a hearty welcome since, believe it or not , this is a friendly place where all are welcome. There was no need to insult us all but we wont hold it against you .

Stick around, there is a lot more than sex to talk about . You could learn so much . At one time we used to be just like you, but knowlege has set us free. Real "Accurate knowledge" (epi gnosis) is yours for the taking.

Talking of sex and the WT , lets be realistic . They are a religion that purports to uphold the Bible and its principles . The scripural position is clear. if they disregarded it then critics , including us, would say they are watering down scripture. So they can't win either way

I can understand a pragmatic view of parenting , but it has got to be better to abstain untill married or at least in a grown up stable relationship. How many people regret their youthful adventures?

[BB who admittedly has not been a parent and was raised as a dub in "Good standing" , but who says we can only talk about stuff that we know about?]

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Be nice to this kid, he's just responding based on his training. Nothing wrong with that at all, and it's just an opinion... something that anyone should feel free to express here, after all... isn't this an open discussion fourm? Anyhow, having no desire to ever have sex is a bold claim... if you want to be technical, I never wanted to have date or have 'sex' either, but I did want to french some of the hunky boys in my congergation. ;-) I'm not saying he's gay, but Cor has definatly probed a possibilty.

KeepinitReal,

If I came on very strong and direct, it is because I saw your statements as insulting and disrespectful. Of course you will be forgiven and welcome here.

We don't even know for certain if you are a boy or a girl. That might have some bearing on your viewpoints and how we perceive you. Tell us your story, but please refrain from preaching since most of us still have our WTBTS publications tucked away someplace and really don't need a sermon.

Kind Regards,

Corvin

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil
    Geez, Parents, step up to your responsibilities!! Don't say, "they will have sex nomatter what" Yeah right. I am living proof that the statement made is a falsehood. By instilling a deep love of Jehovah within ourselves we can deal with those hormonal times with prayer and meditation. He can help us through ANYTHING.

This, of course, is for "keepinitreal"....

Wow, I guess my love for God at 15 was not as strong as yours. Sorry, but hormones and sex drive are INSANE for boys this age. (Do you have hormones? Or maybe you don't have any balls!)

Despite repeated "pledges of abstinence" during those years, I was able to hold out for ..... maybe a week, MAX. Love of God just could not make that rise in my pants go away...

I guess since I am one of the "stupid people" who left the organization, maybe I am just not quite as good as your lofty self.

Good for you. You seem to have it ALL figured out, and you are only, what, 17 years old? Man, I wish I was as smart and pious as you.

eyedrevil

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Second, parents who keep a good eye on their children would not have to worry, it is a total lack of parental supervision and concern that motivates kids to decieve their parents. Can you hear a young girl saying this..."Why did I have a boyfriend at 14? Because I COULD GET AWAY WITH IT." Geez, Parents, step up to your responsibilities!! Don't say, "they will have sex nomatter what"

I'm sorry everyone, but I agree with keepingitreal to some extent on this one, despite the fact he called all of us "stupid." Why is it JWs have no tolerance for anyone outside of their organization?

Anyway, I personally think that parents should be more responsible. I noticed that whenever a teen does something that is considered deviant, T.V., music, and/or video games are often blamed. What a bunch of hogwash. The real problem is parents don't want to take responsibility, and would rather blame a scape goat.

Second, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I'm sick of all the people who think that it's a good idea to "experiment" with different things just because they are away from their parents.

Yes, freedom is good. However, I think our freedom needs to come with responsibilities. There needs to be some sort of balance.

• Lo
    Lo

Funkyderek can I ask, how do you justify that the Bible doesn't condemn premarital sex? (if that's what you imlied) As far as I can see, there are loads that say it's wrong. I'd love if you could convicence me that you're right, cos I'd love for that to be true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit