Sex Education and JW's

by doodle-v 28 Replies latest members adult

• KeepinitReal
    KeepinitReal

Hey, I thought this was a board FOR Jehovah's Witnesses, not for stupid people who left the truth. Anyways, I thought, for being a 17 year old teen, that my comment might be interesting to all of you.

I totally appreciate my mom teaching me about sex education. She has warned me of what happens; everything from illness, to pregnancy, to the deep guilt (only those who LOVE Jehovah would have a conscience and understand that). I have no desire to date, or have sex. Reasons being, first of all, Jehovah himself does not like it. "taking advantage of the bloom of youth" does NOT mean to have sex. He wants those who are clean and chaste to serve him faithfully in his organization. People who willingly go against his COMMANDS in this matter do not have the reverential fear of him as they should. Second, parents who keep a good eye on their children would not have to worry, it is a total lack of parental supervision and concern that motivates kids to decieve their parents. Can you hear a young girl saying this..."Why did I have a boyfriend at 14? Because I COULD GET AWAY WITH IT." Geez, Parents, step up to your responsibilities!! Don't say, "they will have sex nomatter what" Yeah right. I am living proof that the statement made is a falsehood. By instilling a deep love of Jehovah within ourselves we can deal with those hormonal times with prayer and meditation. He can help us through ANYTHING.

Good parents will give us the education needed throughout tough times from the Bible. NOT throwing a bible at your kid and yelling at him or her to go to their rooms and read it, what will that do?! No, but sitting down and explaining from biblical verses "how to make your yes mean yes, and your no mean no." Doesn't anybody remember what happened with Dana in the bible?! And as for teens who go out and go against Jehovahs and their parents wishes. Remember, if they are under 18, they are still minors! They are still under your care and keeping. You can help lead them down the right path. Children need guidence.

I have love for Jehovah that cannot be broken. Because of my deep respect for him, I will not disobey him. This love was seeded from hours upon hours of study, first with my mom, and once the seed was planted, then it grew within me. See? Even though young ones who remain chaste are hard to find, they are still out there. And your young ones can be one of those.

~A 17 year old faithful Witness of Jehovah

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    Hey, I thought this was a board FOR Jehovah's Witnesses, not for stupid people who left the truth.

Gosh, did you really? But now you've posted to an apostate board, and you know the Watchtower says that can lead to fornication. Be careful you don't get addicted to this site, you'll be living a double life before you know it.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yes, it is far better to talk openly about sex in the home and educate your kids right around the time they are developing. Their urges and hormones are real and we can't ignore them and neither can we realistically ask our children to ignore them. When you ignore your feelings and desires, the amperage automatically gets turned up in our brains. So talk about it openly.

I have found it very effective to not only address sex, but also the realistic possibility that "you, my kid, might just become sexually active whether I like it or not. So, here is what you can expect, and here is what you can do to protect yourself should you make the decision to become sexually active". As a result, my kids are able to talk freely about sex, how they perceive it, what their expectations are and what would have to happen before they felt comfortable engaging in sex. My oldest waited until she was 18 and was certain that she was in love with her boyfriend. They had been dating for months before they took that step, and it wasn't because we pressured her to wait. She wisely did that on her own based on the many many conversations we had individually and as a family. The next in line, 17, is following suit and while dating unshaparoned, she does not seem to be in a hurry to go there. She is not yet sexually active, but has begun taking birthcontrol as a precaution. (I would rather have my daughter lose her virginity to someone she cares about and remain childless for now, than for her to be an eighteen year old mother without a husband and me be a grampa at 37).

As for you, KeepinitReal: (I am assuming you are a self-righteous young brother and maybe even gay)

I totally appreciate my mom teaching me about sex education. She has warned me of what happens; everything from illness, to pregnancy, to the deep guilt (only those who LOVE Jehovah would have a conscience and understand that). I have no desire to date, or have sex. Reasons being, first of all, Jehovah himself does not like it. "taking advantage of the bloom of youth" does NOT mean to have sex. He wants those who are clean and chaste to serve him faithfully in his organization. People who willingly go against his COMMANDS in this matter do not have the reverential fear of him as they should. Second, parents who keep a good eye on their children would not have to worry, it is a total lack of parental supervision and concern that motivates kids to decieve their parents. Can you hear a young girl saying this..."Why did I have a boyfriend at 14? Because I COULD GET AWAY WITH IT." Geez, Parents, step up to your responsibilities!! Don't say, "they will have sex nomatter what" Yeah right. I am living proof that the statement made is a falsehood. By instilling a deep love of Jehovah within ourselves we can deal with those hormonal times with prayer and meditation. He can help us through ANYTHING.

Good parents will give us the education needed throughout tough times from the Bible. NOT throwing a bible at your kid and yelling at him or her to go to their rooms and read it, what will that do?! No, but sitting down and explaining from biblical verses "how to make your yes mean yes, and your no mean no." Doesn't anybody remember what happened with Dana in the bible?! And as for teens who go out and go against Jehovahs and their parents wishes. Remember, if they are under 18, they are still minors! They are still under your care and keeping. You can help lead them down the right path. Children need guidence.

I have love for Jehovah that cannot be broken. Because of my deep respect for him, I will not disobey him. This love was seeded from hours upon hours of study, first with my mom, and once the seed was planted, then it grew within me. See? Even though young ones who remain chaste are hard to find, they are still out there. And your young ones can be one of those.

You lie when you say you have no desire to have sex, lol. You are human, and Jehovah gave those natural desires to you. The WTBTS wants you to pretend they do not exist. You remember that the next time you are jerking it in the shower before the meeting on Sunday. You remember what you just said when you are sitting out in the car with a young sister fogging up the windows trying to get to second base.

While it is not wise to engage in sex before you are ready for the responsibility that goes along with it, to deny that you have those urges is a lie. If you can exercise self-control then you are a good boy.

Teenagers having sex is not a matter of lack of parental caring and supervision. That is the most absurd narrow minded thing I have ever heard. I have seen too many JW kids, sons and daughters of elders, prove you wrong. You've seen it too. You know the ones . . . parents are so strict and watchful that their poor kids can't even take a dump without getting counselled about it. They pop the hardest, tho, don't they? When they finally break away, they go bouncing all over the place and "bring reproach" upon the congregation, Jehovah, and their theocratic family's good name, don't they? Where do you live? Keep that real why don't you.

Next time you come on here, sonny, show a little respect and remember that you are talking to many people who are 3 X your age, more educated, more experienced who lived the JW crap you are spouting. I invite you to stick around and read more posts. You want education? Education is in your midst. Show a little more respect because we can see your IP number and it could easily be given to the WTBTS for tracing.

Kind Regards,

Corvin

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Keepinitreal....

You can't just expect to come on a site (that is quite strictly forbidden in the JW organisation) and insult the majority of people on here that don't agree with you. I am the same age as you and quite frankly am not even half the way stuck up my ass as you are. You are brainwashed and totally under their control. I am still part of the Jw community but i don't all myself to be 'spoonfed' things i don't agree with.

You say that you have no sexual desire... well i have to agree with Corvin here when i say that you can't be a human being then. You were put on this earth to procreate... incase you haven't noticed that doe actually involve having sex. Parents cannot be totally sure 100% of the time what their children are doing every moment of their lives. They have to allow a certain amount of freedom to allow the child to think for itself. In this way you cannot guarantee the path that your child will choose to take and sometimes circumstances dictate this. You cannot simply blame these issues on the parents.

I'm glad that your mother warns you of all the problems, and i'm glad that you think you are so 'holy' and righteous. Infact i don't even blame you for what you believe, but one day your gonna realise that everything you believe is not right and then you can come back on here and apologise to the number of people that you have offended.

xLaurax

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Hey, I thought this was a board FOR Jehovah's Witnesses, not for stupid people who left the truth.
    Nice to meet you too!
    Anyways, I thought, for being a 17 year old teen, that my comment might be interesting to all of you.

I totally appreciate my mom teaching me about sex education. She has warned me of what happens; everything from illness, to pregnancy, to the deep guilt (only those who LOVE Jehovah would have a conscience and understand that).
    Hold on a minute! I thought Jehovah's Witnesses believed in the Bible;
    Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
    You just judged (for the second time, you've already called us stupid) a whole load of people that you don't even know, and by your own actions YOU are the one violating Jesus' guidance. And you seem to be saying that sex gives you guilt. What, all sex makes you guilty?
    I have no desire to date, or have sex.
    Of course you believe that, it's what you've been taught to believe. Just like a little Muslim girl in Iran would think that it was right to be married off in her early teens, because that is what she's taught to believe.
    Reasons being, first of all, Jehovah himself does not like it. "taking advantage of the bloom of youth" does NOT mean to have sex.
    Have you read the Song of Soloman recently? I think you should. It'll give you a truer view of how the Israelite viewed sex than anything you'll read in the Watchtower. Did you realise that in the time of the Israelites a betrothal agreement was made, normally by the parents, between a boy and a girl. When the girl was between 12 and 14 she would start residing with the family of the groom. When she fell pregnant, they were officially married. If she didn't... they sent her back and got another one. But, of course, as you have never looked at the history of the peoples of the Bible outside of what you are fed in the Watchtower etc., you don't know that, do you? Just like that little Muslim girl doesn't know in other countries women can do what they want and have educations.
    He wants those who are clean and chaste to serve him faithfully in his organization.
    Please how me where in the Bible it says 'organsiation'.
    By instilling a deep love of Jehovah within ourselves we can deal with those hormonal times
    ah, so you DO want to have sex...
    with prayer and meditation. He can help us through ANYTHING.
    Masturbation would probably do you better than meditation. I suppose you've been told that that is bad too? Where does it say that masturbation is bad in the Bible? Actually using that word? And when you go to the literature and read what the society says about it, then go to Insight in the Scripture and do some studying about the Pharasees, and about what Jesus thought of them. He hated the way they added to god's commandements. Think on that and ask what direct scriptures back up the following rules in the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses; here's two silly ones to get you started, there are many many more... and even if they are not all written down, I assure you they are still rules.
    1. No beards on elders
    2. Wear a suit on the platform

If Jesus hated those who made up rules in the first Century, how does he feel about it now?
    I have love for Jehovah that cannot be broken. Because of my deep respect for him, I will not disobey him. This love was seeded from hours upon hours of study, first with my mom, and once the seed was planted, then it grew within me. See?
    Oh, better than you understand. A young Mormon, Moonie or Scientologist could have said exactly the same sort of thing. Can you show yourself to be any different or your beliefs to be any better founded? Remember, when the Boreans were confronted with new teachings, they examined the scriptures - and there was no bound Bible of 66 books then, they'd have looked at other books as well they though had relevence to what they were being taught. They did not say "we get all our spirtual food from one source, and we are told not to look for knowledge elsewhere as all that we need will be provided". If what the disciples were teaching them was flase, then their examination of scripture would have revealed this to them. If you have the truth it still remains the truth no matter what you read. Anyone saying they have the truth and trying to limit your knowledge is to be viewed with suspisicon, as truth need not hide. Oh, and yeah, according to the Organsiation, you have just done something very bad. You are still here, even though you know you are associating with those that left the truth.
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek

You should pay more attention then. Don't you know the only acceptable sites for JWs are www.watchtower.org and www.jw-media.org ?

Anyways, I thought, for being a 17 year old teen, that my comment might be interesting to all of you.

Absolutely. All are welcome here.

She has warned me of what happens; everything from illness, to pregnancy, to the deep guilt (only those who LOVE Jehovah would have a conscience and understand that).

Wow, she makes it sound really unpleasant. It's not that bad, honestly. Deep guilt, huh? The Watchtower is very good at instilling that.

I'm not surprised, given the horror stories your mother and your "Mother" have filled your head with. Do you think that's normal for a seventeen-year-old? Do you think you will get this desire later, when you're 20, when you're 30? Do you intend to remain "chaste" all your life?

Reasons being, first of all, Jehovah himself does not like it.

Says who? There are certainly no restrictions in the Bible on premarital sex, (well not for men anyway, and women were considered property)

He wants those who are clean and chaste to serve him faithfully in his organization.

Again, who says?

People who willingly go against his COMMANDS in this matter do not have the reverential fear of him as they should. Second, parents who keep a good eye on their children would not have to worry,

Spoken like someone who's never been a parent (and fortunately, with your aversion to sex, probably never will be)

it is a total lack of parental supervision and concern that motivates kids to decieve their parents.

Why would it be necessary to deceive unconcerned parents?

Can you hear a young girl saying this..."Why did I have a boyfriend at 14? Because I COULD GET AWAY WITH IT."

Not really. More likely, she has a boyfriend because there's a boy she likes and he likes her and so on. Why would someone who's given freedom to make decisions just do something because they could "get away with it"? That kind of rebellious behaviour is more common among teenagers whose activities are restricted.

Geez, Parents, step up to your responsibilities!! Don't say, "they will have sex nomatter what" Yeah right. I am living proof that the statement made is a falsehood. By instilling a deep love of Jehovah within ourselves we can deal with those hormonal times with prayer and meditation. He can help us through ANYTHING.

"Deal with those hormonal times"? Scary stuff! At least try masturbating like a normal teenager.

Regurgitated Watchtowerese. I can just imagine your eyes glazing over and your voice taking on a curious monotone as you recited this nonsense.

I have love for Jehovah that cannot be broken. Because of my deep respect for him, I will not disobey him. This love was seeded from hours upon hours of study, first with my mom, and once the seed was planted, then it grew within me.

Hmm, maybe you're mixing up your sex ed with your Watchtower ed.. Because of your father's deep respect for your mother, you were seeded from hours and hours of love, and once the seed was planted, you grew within your mother.

See? Even though young ones who remain chaste are hard to find, they are still out there. And your young ones can be one of those.

God, I hope not. I hope any children I have will grow up to have a more balanced view of sex than you do. I mean, even for a JW, you're probably a bit unusual.

No you're not. You're associating with apostates, directly disobeying the clear instructions of the "faithful and discreet slave". Remember, he who is unfaithful in what is least is unfaithful also in much" Welcome to the board, anyway! Maybe you'll learn to think for yourself. It's scary it first, but you'll thank us for it later.

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Lo, you guys put it so much better than i did!! Well done ... maybe one day i will be able to argue as good as you can!!

xLaurax

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hello Keepinitreal:

She has warned me of what happens; everything from illness, to pregnancy, to the deep guil

Okay, you didn't touch on Birth control. Please tell us what you learned about birth control. I believe birth control is essential even when your married.

Okay, you're a liar. Tell me you don't get erections because Jehovah doesn't like them. Tell me it doesn't feel good when you wash your peepee in the shower. Tell me HONESTLY.

Just as a sidenote, I got my first blow job when I was a 17 year old unbaptized publisher.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    how to make your yes mean yes

Maybe some day you'll be lucky enough to find out how good it feels when your yes means "Yes! YESS! YYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSssssss!!!"

• SC_Guy
    SC_Guy

Be nice to this kid, he's just responding based on his training. Nothing wrong with that at all, and it's just an opinion... something that anyone should feel free to express here, after all... isn't this an open discussion fourm? Anyhow, having no desire to ever have sex is a bold claim... if you want to be technical, I never wanted to have date or have 'sex' either, but I did want to french some of the hunky boys in my congergation. ;-) I'm not saying he's gay, but Cor has definatly probed a possibilty.

-SC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit