Uh oh. Is Prince setting an example for witnesses to follow?

by catchthis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• catchthis
    catchthis

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040504/ap_en_ce/music_prince&e=1

Can anyone read between the lines here?

While Prince stresses he holds no bitterness, he clearly does not hold the music industry with much regard. He likens it to "The Matrix," and in going independent, he decided to take the little red pill.
    In February, he kicked off the Grammys ( news - web sites) with a performance with Beyonce; he also made an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres ( news )' talk show.
    He is surprisingly unrepentant, however, about his dirty past: "I didn't have any regrets about that ? I was a young man."

I'll give you my thoughts.... The Matrix?? Doesn't he know that watching rated 'R' movies is wrong? Ok ok, he may have watched it prior to becoming a witness, but I wonder if he has seen the last two films? ... Voluntarily appearing on a known lesbian's show? How many witnesses do you know would do such a thing? ... Unrepentant about his past?!? How on earth did he even get baptized? Did he lie to the elders about being repentant? Sounds like it to me.

The Society better keep a tight leash on their boy here. Some witnesses might think that if Prince can do it, it must be OK for them to do it too.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

He wont last long, thats for sure, he is bound to get into trouble. I think this is exactly the publicity the org needs. I hope he takes a few people down with him.

Btw, in his new video most of people in there look like they are dressed for field service.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome the the board!

I like your avatar, is that the president as bevis and butthead?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    He likens it to "The Matrix," and in going independent, he decided to take the little red pill.

Funny how he likens going out of "The World" as taking the red pill in the Matrix. Something tells me that he's going to take a red pill soon enough in another sense.

BTW, your av sucks.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hey the avatar is funny....

lol

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Something tells me he's gonna be pulled into the back room a lot. Then the JC (jehovian council) might get hold of him.

• catchthis
    catchthis

The avatar simply reflects my opinion of our current administration without me having to say a word.

>>BTW, your av sucks.

>>Hey the avatar is funny....

It's all good.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    I hope he takes a few people down with him.

I don't know Stephanie, if they're still alternately defending Michael Jackson, I don't think Prince's misbehavior will make much an impression. Hope I'm wrong, but JWs have nothing if not thick skins.

Catchthis, I like your avatar too, I hope you don't get rid of it.

• shamus
    shamus

ColdRedRain,

You just about made me spit my juice out when I read your comment, LOL!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have to say.....Butthead looks more like Jeb than Dubya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit