What do you make of this?

by Copernicus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

Copernicus,

Hi...and what a great suggestion!!!! I will enjoy trying that one .

BTW.....I Like your Nic...."Copernicus"

lol's @ Rex......good!!! preach to JW's...a taste of their own medicine.

Ana

• Prisca
    Prisca
    My friend also said he felt that those two women were speaking the inner feelings of most of the publishers present – even if none of them would dare to openly entertain the possibility themselves. Or would want to admit, even for a moment, that there is an opportunity for happiness outside of the Kingdom Hall.

I think this may have been a very deep emotion of the JWs listening to this experience. I remember when I was still "in" and an active JW, how deep down, I felt that I wasn't really truly happy. Of course I blamed myself for not being "spiritual" enough, not studying enough, not taking the witnessing seriously, etc etc.

It wasn't until I lessened up on the meetings and witnessing that I started to feel the relief of the burdens put upon me by the WTS. My "yoke" was now much lighter, and my life improved.

To any Jehovah's Witnesses reading this :

There is life outside the Truth. You are mislead by those who tell you otherwise. I am much happier since I left. I did not leave to do anything immoral, or because I had some grudge against the Society. I wanted to serve Jehovah with my whole heart and with a clean conscience. Remaining a JW denied me of having a proper relationship with my God. Look into your hearts, and ask yourself if you are REALLY happy as a JW. If you're not COMPLETELY happy, then email me or contact other ex-JWs on this DB for help.

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

Thank's for the experience, however, I doubt if we will ever see this one highlighted in the magazines.

• Vienna
    Vienna

Great post, Prisca! I'm disassociated and happy, not only because of leaving the Society, but because of the glorious freedom I have now in Christ which I didn't have as a JW. Who knew this life was out there!! :)

I would like to encourage those who do come in contact with JWs, if it's possible, to not just give a few words and turn away. Engage the JWs in questions (you know how we just to love to answer questions as a JW *smile*). Get them thinking about doctrine ("Why does Rel. 19:1 say that the great crowd are in heaven? You notice this is the same great crowd you say you're apart of in Rel. 7, because Rel. refers to a great crowd three times, and it's always the same group....etc. etc.) and be friendly. Like I said, if it's possible in the situations.

My husband had a "bible study" with some JWs for many months, having them come over and going through the Knowledge Book and going step by step into doctrine. He acted innocent, saying "Humm, your book says this, but this seems differant from what the bible is saying in this scripture...." and he was able to get them stumped many, MANY times! He actually had the lead conductor to go speechless many times, with this Elder looking at scripture, visually flustered, stuttering and trying hard to explain things, but to no avail. They stopped coming after awhile, but who knows what deep seeds were planted in their hearts?

• JeffT
    JeffT

My wife and I left in 1989. We've grown happier each year. We attend church, have a very rich sprititual life, both of us are involved in ministries.

Yes, if you are an active JW, don't believe everything you here about those of us who have left. We are not immoral, unhappy, or suicidal. There is life after the Watchtower and it is good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit