Did you ever experience "Joy"?

by Pork Chop 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

One thing that always struck me was the rather dour nature of the organization. I know people laugh, and at seem to have a good time, at least occasionally. However, one thing I just haven't seen is a real outpouring of joy, like David dancing like a crazy man or some of the other occassions in the scriptures when it seems like people were almost overcome with joy.

Anyone here ever feel real joy as a Witness?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Did you ever experience "Joy"?

I don't think Steve is gonna like this thread one bit!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ROTFLMAO!!!!

*backing out of room.................NOT wanting to make a comment....................*

Joy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hard to say. When i got my brand new truck, i may have felt it. But you aren't supposed to feel joy about stuff, are you?

Now, sometimes, i enjoy doing a job because i'm making something that was shabby into a piece of quality that will last for a while. I often enjoy where i live, because it's near nature, and everything is handy. You see, i grew up in the country without electricity, phone, or running water. It took lots of work to keep warm, etc. So, i enjoy those services now.

SS

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

My children were born when I was a witness. Those were joyful experiences but the JWs had nothing to do with it.

• dh
    dh

no

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

Once when I was a microphone handler, I got an unexpected flash of tit when a sister leant forward to give her comment.

That was the most profound joy I ever experienced in connection with a meeting. I even praised The Organisation by means of a wholsome theocratic wank over it later that evening ;)

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

everyone hates it but feel like they have to love it. everyone has bags under their eyes. my "spiritual" mother prays for rain on saturdays and snow on thursdays. everyone loves a meeting cancellation. and when my mother pioneers and i hear her say expressions like "i have to get my time", "im behind on my time", "i only have 45 hours"... etc... it really reminds me why i stopped doing the whole JW thing. how can my spirituality be based whether i get a pat on the back by a PO, a CO, or if im super lucky, a DO?!?!?

the bethel-lights are shining brightly

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The David story has unseemly details that suggest the character was high on hallucinogenics and skipping about naked as part of the cult ritual. So was that Joy or Ecstasy?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Nope, never experienced Joy, but did experience her sisters Faith and Hope.... Sex 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit