Why don't JWs observe Kosher laws? or Should JWs eat that juicy steak?

by M.J. 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• simplesally
    simplesally

According to the WT......the reason they abstain from blood was because it was a law given to the nations, not just the jews. It was a law given to Noah after the flood. Since Noah is father of all nations, it was binding on all generations. That's why it was decided upon by the 1st Century christians to keep that law in force while accepting other practices of Gentiles, like it was ok to not be circumsized. They said the Law was nailed to the torture stake, so all Jewish laws were to be replaced by the law of love, and Acts 28: to abstain from blood, fornication and idolatry.

So thats whats so upsetting that they go back to the Mosaic law and say no tattoos, need 2 witnesses. They pick and choose.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Leolaia From http://www.ou.org/chagim/roshchodesh/tammuz/#namehttp://www.ou.org/chagim/roshchodesh/tammuz/#name

Biblical Significance of the Month

As mentioned above, the name which "came up" from Babylon with the Jewish People was Tammuz. In this case, consideration of the use of the name in Yechezkel would make it appropriate to say that the name "Tammuz" brought down the Jewish People. The verse in Yechezkel cited above speaks of the worship of a Babylonian idol, known as "Tammuz." And it seems most odd, at first glance, that this name would be chosen as the name of a Hebrew month.

However, in the context of the month that we are dealing with, a month of tragedies which would lead to still greater tragedies, the appropriateness of the name becomes clear. The Prophet Yechezkel was being shown by G-d the reasons for His great Anger against the Jewish People, namely, the various forms of idol-worship which had been adopted by them to replace the Divine Service. This behavior would result, if the Jewish People would not repent, in the Destruction of the Once-Holy, but now desecrated, Temple.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I did have one senile old idiot tell me I shouldn't shoot quail because you couldn't get the blood out after you hit them with a shotgun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit