Intellectual Honesty vs Spiritual Claims

by Amazing1914 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! Note, I mean the peace of Christ... as he directed me to offer whenever I "enter" anyone's home. I bid you such peace.

Matthew 10:12; John 14:27

It seems that we have a lot to *talk* about... and I most certainly wish to get to it. Unfortunately, I am in a public library right now, waiting for a class to start and so only have about 15 minutes, which I don't think will suffice. I would ask your patience then, for my response. In the meantime, I am compelled to offer you the following truths, just as I received them from my Lord:

1. The "sword" that my Lord spoke about was the truth of his voice and words (that's why he's referred to as a "two-edged sword," and why the Revelation mentions one protruding from his mouth. By means of his voice and word, then, men would be divided, starting with family. You can see that in the dividing of the [Body of] Christ by religion.

2. The King James version is just as much a "devil Bible" as the WTBTS. The NWT was originally taken from the KJV... which was taken from the Latin Vulgate... which was taken from the Septuagint... which was in "print" when my Lord was on the earth in the flesh. And yet, he said, even of the "scriptures", of which the Bible includes SOME:

"You are searching the scriptures... Because you THINK... that by means of THEM... you will have everlasting life. And these... are the very ones that make mention of ME... Yet, you do not wish to come... to ME... that you may have life."

We can search the scriptures, dear one, the Bible and all sorts of writings, holy, historical and what have you. But it is not until we come to the One who speaks for God.... His WORD (John 1:14; Revelation 19:13)... and hear HIS voice... just as he said he sheep would... we will not know life. Why? Because we will not know God.

It is not enough to know OF God, dear Amazing1914; we are required to KNOW Him... by means of KNOWING... Christ.

I look forward to "speaking" with you more on this... and again, bid you peace!

(Oh, and the spirit of my Lord has directed me to ask you to check YOUR honesty, intellectual or otherwise: you were indeed addressing me... and my particular belief... and "hoping" for (well, actually, provocating) a response. Which you... received. As for what you are TRULY seeking... some kind of manifestation from him as whether what I am saying is true or not... whether I am indeed another Russell, Smith or Jones, he says all you need do is ASK... HIM... and he himself will reply to you. His spirit will bear witness with your spirit... and you will KNOW... whether I am his servant... or a fraud. I would advise you, however, to ask in the manner of James 1:5-8, as there is a reason for such... ummm... protocol.)

Keepin' it real, I remain,

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• willyloman
    willyloman
    the people I respect take responsibility now by becoming well educated ... by engaging in meaningful work that contributes to the betterment of humanity ... people who build up worth of the race, and not seek to destroy it ... doctors, nurses, lawyers (maybe), engineers, mothers, fathers, researchers, craftsmen and craftswomen, construction workers, designers, manufacturers, garbage collectors, ditch-diggers, wise business leaders and managers, accountants, good politicians, police and fire people, and many more ... these folks work hard, and by their daily contributions make our lives better every day ... they do not live in a world of cynicism, ever seeking ways to tear down human society ... rather, they keep on building and working and making a difference

These are the people I admire, too, a far cry from my learned perceptions when in dubland.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi AGuest,

1. The "sword" that my Lord spoke about was the truth of his voice and words (that's why he's referred to as a "two-edged sword," and why the Revelation mentions one protruding from his mouth. By means of his voice and word, then, men would be divided, starting with family. You can see that in the dividing of the [Body of] Christ by religion.

This is not what I had in mind, but rather other comments Jesus made.

2. The King James version is just as much a "devil Bible" as the WTBTS. The NWT was originally taken from the KJV... which was taken from the Latin Vulgate... which was taken from the Septuagint... which was in "print" when my Lord was on the earth in the flesh. And yet, he said, even of the "scriptures", of which the Bible includes SOME:

Nope, you are in error. The NWT only 'organized' its verse structure and book collection in accordance wiht the AV. Rather, the NWT claims to use older manuscripts than the AV used, thus implying that older means better. Thatr is not a valid criteria, and furthermore, the AV is a far superior version, even considering its old English.

The issue with the NWT is that it spins and twists its translation to fit Wactchtower doctrine. The verse at Heb. 11:1 quoted should have made you take serious notice of the extreme difference between the two Bibles, ESPECIALLY given your degree in English!!!

We can search the scriptures, dear one, the Bible and all sorts of writings, holy, historical and what have you. But it is not until we come to the One who speaks for God.... His WORD (John 1:14; Revelation 19:13)... and hear HIS voice... just as he said he sheep would... we will not know life. Why? Because we will not know God.

I am well aware of these issues ... and we agree on many issues ... My points are focused on certain specific issues.

I look forward to "speaking" with you more on this... and again, bid you peace!

That's good.

(Oh, and the spirit of my Lord has directed me to ask you to check YOUR honesty, intellectual or otherwise: you were indeed addressing me... and my particular belief... and "hoping" for (well, actually, provocating) a response. Which you... received.

Not so. As I stated, it was comments in your cited post that caught my eye and led me to make a specific point. I clearly stated that my post was "not" an attack on you. And my post was not directed at you, but at a certain type of thinking that I take exception. I did not anticipate your response nor any intent to have any particular exhange ... but since you did respond, then I am willing to have some dialogue as you are kind and respectful.

As for what you are TRULY seeking... some kind of manifestation from him as whether what I am saying is true or not... whether I am indeed another Russell, Smith or Jones, he says all you need do is ASK... HIM... and he himself will reply to you. His spirit will bear witness with your spirit... and you will KNOW... whether I am his servant... or a fraud. I would advise you, however, to ask in the manner of James 1:5-8, as there is a reason for such... ummm... protocol.)

I have been praying and asking God for understnading, insight, wisdom, help, answers, etc. for about half a century ... since I was 3 years old ... although, most of my more complex prayers started when I was a teenager. So I am no stranger to this issue. I have read and studied the Bible many times over ... intellectual honesty demand that I admit certain hard realities ...

I will look for your responses when you can get to it. I am currently in school as well as working full time ... so, I may not always be able to respond right away either.

Thanks, Amazing

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I truly apologize for taking so long to get back to you (had evening Board and Resident Council meetings, an LSAT prep class... and a mid-term. What a week!), and I didn't get to ALL of your comments, but will. Before I get going, however, I must let you know that occasion I will reply with words uttered/written by others than myself. Not because I have such an? ummmm? adoration for the Bible or scriptures, but because such words perhaps states things better? more succinctly even? than I ever could. What I reply to you with, then , will ultimately be a conglomerate of my own thoughts, as well as that which is given me by the spirit (and I will let you know when that is, for all glory is to be given to the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and to His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, amen) and perhaps from what is ?written? (oh, BTW, it will also be in the KJV, for your convenience). Now, then:

While my post drew upon your comments from a post of yours, it was not targeting you, nor criticizing your brand of faith.

As I addressed that earlier, as directed by my Lord, I feel no need to go into it again here.

In your opening in every post you state: ?May you have peace!? Jesus said that he came not to bring peace, but a sword, to cause division.

I addressed that, too?

Why do you wish for something that in out of sync with Jesus' mission?

Again, it is true that my Lord?s presence brings a "sword"? himself and his sayings? which sword would first be with regard to things of the flesh and divide household?s, as well as things of the spirit, so that it would divide also soul (flesh)? and spirit? of men.

John 1:9; Hebrews 4:12, 13; Revelation 19:13

However, my Lord also brought peace, which peace he gave to his disciples.

John 14:27; John 16:33; Ephesians 2:14; Philippians 4:7; Colossians 3:15; 2 Thess. 3:16

If you truly knew him, the Christ, and thus, knew the Father, this would not surprise you at all. For in truth, they are beings OF peace, which is why Jerusalem was named as it was: ?double peace?. It is true that my Father is depicted as exacting and solely vengeful; that, however, is due to the false stylus of those who copied the Law and writings. In their desire to control mankind by invoking God, they painted Him as unloving and unkind, solely vengeful and exacting. However, He Himself tells the truth about Himself at Exodus 34:6, 7, as well as many other places. I leave you to ?search? this particular truth out. I do not know it, however, because of reading about Him; I know it? because of having come to KNOW Him, personally? as a result of being known BY Him? personally. Does that make me ?better? than you? Nope. Does saying so make me? Nope. Even Moses failed to gain entry into the Promised Land. It simply makes ME? your servant. For JAH? is a God? of service.

How do we KNOW? All we need do is look at His Son: rather than coming to be ministered TO? he ministered. Rather than judging and acting in vengeance, he freely forgave? and released. Rather than reviling and returning evil for evil? he gave his life. IF, then, he is the image of the invisible God, the EXACT representation of His Very Being, how then are we to perceive God? IF, then, in seeing Christ, you see God? how then can we presume Him to be exacting and vengeful? The Son was not? for the Father? is not.

I am not serious here, but my point is to illustrate how anyone can take any verse, or Biblical sounding language to promote themselves as godly.

I truly hope you ARE serious, for the claims you make are serious: you are referring to people who ?promote themselves? as godly, rather than those who are truly chosen by means of an anointing with holy spirit to serve the Household of God, Israel. Those who promote themselves are false christs and false prophets? who seat themselves in the seat of Moses and constitute themselves as ?the way?? mediators between God and mankind. For me, there is only ONE who is our mediator, so that NO man needs any other in order to come to God.

No offense taken, nor intended.

I am not sure your post sends that message, for you speak of those whom you respect, and alternatively, those who apparently chagrin you. If, however, I am in error, I sincerely apologize. Although, I do not think I was in error, just as the spirit bore witness to me on the matter.

I was not attacking your intelligence.

I don?t know that I presumed you were. I was simply responding to you concerns about the lack thereof among certain people, who apparently include me, and agreeing with you: I am NOT the "brightest" crayon in the box, and in fact, am quite a ?foolish? thing. If you knew me, you?d have no problem agreeing.

In response to my statement that: ?I confess to you and everyone here: I am a ?foolish? thing, and so much of what I post may sound foolish. That is absolutely true and I do not take issue with your perception of that,? y ou wrote:

What possesses you to constantly remind every reader with this long sounding language of how humble you are?

I would have to say that was not the purpose of my statement. Truth? was the purpose. I know what I am? and have no problems confessing it. Part of that truth? is that I am not? ummmm? humble. I am, however, honest. Am I not supposed to be? (Considering that the original point of this thread was ?intellectual honesty,? I find it? interesting? that you? ummmm? take issue? with my personal truth. But I am not surprised for we live in a world of contradictions, particularly in the Western world: if one is fairly stupid, and admits it, one is derided for saying so; however, if one is obviously intelligent, one is also derided? for saying so. Earthling man: doesn?t want to be lied to? but also cannot handle the truth.)

While the Apostle Paul used this language in limited context, when Christians constantly use such expressions they lose their impact, and smack of false humility.

Ummmm? I?m a-thinkin? Paul spoke Aramaic and Greek? and while we have English translations of his words (or those attributed to him), that they are exactly the same words is doubtful. All we have is a ?reasonable facsimile? of his exact words, the best we can come up with, yes? For there are many Aramaic words for which there is no Greek, and many Greek for which there is no English. Yes? As for me? I write? what I hear? in the manner that my Lord speaks to me and I to him. That the world today no longer uses such vernacular is not my problem nor my fault, is it?

Continuing, you wrote:

My earlier comment: The lead in sentence continues the ever-constant theme that we humans are these physical creatures that have a hard time discerning spiritual things ... because we demand physical evidence that meets our senses head on?

to which I responded:

?Which statement, while perhaps appearing foolish... is also true? ?

Your next comment was:

No, it is not true. It is a mere claim perpetrated by a false understanding of the Bible?

But understanding the Bible is not a prerequisite?

a false understanding of fellow humans

which IS a prerequisite, for we are humans and in understanding ourselves, we will understand others?

and smacks of pride in a judgmental sense ?

That is your opinion? I cannot take it from you?

the very kind of judgment condemned by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately, you are in error here. For it is the VERY thing that Christ spoke about? SPIRIT? the man on the INSIDE. May I give you example? Thank you! When speaking to the ?judgmental? Pharisees, my Lord told them to ?cleanse the INSIDE of the cup.? What did he mean by that? He meant cleanse the man you are? on the INSIDE? and THEN worry about the man on the outside. But who IS the man on the inside? He is the one? most of us keep hidden? by means of the flesh that covers such man. But that man is NOT hidden from God? for by means of Christ? God?s Word who is a two-edged sword? ALL things are open and exposed before Him with whom we have an accounting.

So, I could say to you, ?Yes, Amazing1914, I am intelligent and smart, and know this and that, and God speaks to me and shows me things and so I am better than you.? But that would be a BLATANT lie. For whatever little bit of knowledge and understanding I have, I did NOT have? but received. I confess that I received it? and from whom. And what things I hear and see, are NOT mine? but that which has been given me, which I also confess, as well as whom I receive such things from. And God does NOT speak directly to me, but speaks by means of His Word, His Son and Christ? whose voice I DO hear? and I CONFESS I hear? whether you are able to receive that truth or not? because? IT IS THE TRUTH.

My Lord did not condemn the truth? nor those who spoke it (John 4:17, 18). Rather, he commended those who spoke the truth, even if it brought persecution upon them, and called them ?happy,? PARTICULARLY if they spoke it? for his sake. I am not ashamed of my Lord, dear Amazing, nor of what he has given me. Thus, as HE said:

?Whatever I tell you in the darkness, say in the light; and what you hear whispered, preach from the housetops.?

Matthew 10:27, 28

If then, he tells ME in the dark and whispers to ME? so that YOU cannot hear it? is not my fault. You have to listen to what he tells YOU? and whispers? to YOU.

The written word does not afford the benefit of ?sound? ? therefore you presume I am offended. I am not offended. I am concerned.

The written word does indeed afford ?sound?? by means of emphasis, stressing of certain points, etc., whether interpreted correctly or not. That such sound is not AUDIBLE? is correct. But not all sound IS audible, at least to the human ears, is it?

Quoting that verse is not necessary, nor does it add anything to the main issue of making spiritual claims.

I beg to differ, but there?s truly no point in debating it, is there? I next wrote:

?Actually, we are not spiritual enough , but I'm not sure you would understand that. It is because we HIDE what we truly are and are NOT honest... that such problems exist. You are correct, however, in saying that we should break free and I applaud ALL ?honesty? that has to ability to loosen the hold of religion on mankind. However, what I share is not born of religion, does not direct one to religion, and has no sharing with religion. It is not, however, unknowable and unprovable? and actually REQUIRES honesty? in its purest form? but honesty? from the SPIRIT? the man you are INSIDE.?

To which you responded:

Nice words, but prove nothing ? as always ? lots of nice sounding words ?

To which I must, first, take issue with your hypocritical use of the word ?sounding,? for you are now using it just as I did, although you, like I, ?heard? nothing audibly by the words you are referring to?

you can pick up any work by spiritual leaders, such as Dali Lama, or Chuck Russell, etc. and they all say nice sounding words, with nice sounding claims ? but look at the results of their claims.

I have but only one Leader, Christ. So, it matters not to me what the words of such men ?sound? like? nice or what have you. They are not the voice of my Lord, it is not him speaking, so they bear no weight. True, from time to time they make great sense and possess great wisdom? but they are merely repeats of words he already used.
    People are too spiritual, and tend to easily follow nice sounding words. They all claims that their brand of spirituality is pure, honest, true, good, etc. etc. etc ? but none of it amounts to a hill of beans.

Here is the word that I have received from my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies on this particular matter, dear Amazing1914:

People follow nice sounding words? NOT because they are too ?spiritual,? but because they are too FLESHLY. Such words (i.e., pure, honest, true, good?), while appealing to the SPIRIT? are sought? by the FLESH? because they also ?tickle? the ears of the flesh. As a result, they end up with a FORM of spirituality? as well as a FORM of godly devotion? but prove false to its power. That ?power?? grants even humans to walk on water, heal the sick, perform powerful works and even hear spirits. But earthling man gets misled because he allows himself to become attracted NOT to what appeals to the spirit? but what appeals? to the FLESH! It is for that reason that Israel built a golden calf: the man of flesh cannot worship what he cannot see. That is why ?the Society? itself was established: when 1914 came and went without the expected and visible return of Christ, they needed something for the people to hang on to so that they would not go off seeking other things? something to SEE? so as to hold on to their form of worship. It is WHY earthling man NEEDS churches and shrines and crucifixes and beads and kingdom halls and podiums and titles and cloths and pews and windows made a certain shape and statues and books and Bibles and magazines? and? popes, and reverends and pastors and elders and governing bodies? and robes and bookbags and Vaticans and Bethels? that make them APPEAR ?spiritual.? But just because one appears to be on the OUTSIDE? does not make one so? on the INSIDE.

So what, then? So? because they are NOT spiritual? ENOUGH? they follow? what appeals? to the FLESH? in their SEARCH? for what is ?spiritual?. But we are to WORSHIP God? in SPIRIT? and in TRUTH? keeping our eyes on things UNSEEN? which things are manifest to the SPIRIT and NOT to the flesh? and not on the things seen BY the flesh. If, however, we are able to TRANSCEND the flesh? so that we come to be IN THE SPIRIT? then we will hear and see things OF the spirit. Such transcending? as manifested by the gifts of the spirit, including HEARING SPIRITS? is a gift from God? which gift you? and many like you? ridicule? to your own spiritual detriment. I have spoken it to you just as I heard it from my Lord, the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

You are certainly free to speak about anything, whether it is true or not.

No, actually, I am not. I answer to a different Master, One who IS Truth, so that although I have been set free by him? I have exchanged my freedom for slavery? willingly? so that I am again ?bound?? but this time to do HIS will. Does that mean I will never lie? No. I have not yet learned to control my flesh absolutely by means of my spirit. I am a sinner, indeed a foremost one. Thus, at times, perhaps out of fear or a desire not to cause conflict or hurt someone, or just plain sin, I will refrain from telling the exact truth, and/or will perhaps say something that is not true at all. Such times are RARE, but they do occur. Please know that in such instances my intent is NEVER malicious? nor motivated by deceit. Praise JAH, then, that by means of the blood of His Son? if the error was one of my flesh and not of my SPIIRT? I can ask for and receive forgiveness. However, I cannot use my freedom as an inducement to lie, believing that I can say or do whatever I wish because my salvation ?is carved in stone.? I will have to give an accounting for my deeds, and hopeful my love? will cover the multitude of my transgressions. My Lord says it can; I have faith in him, then, that if he so wills, it will.
    The point is ANYONE can say they saw and heard things, and feel compelled to tell about it.

Absolutely.

That is not the issue, but rather, IS what they convey the truth? How on earth do I know whether anything you, or Charles Russell, or the Pope have seen or spoken with God?

You? ASK. God. Through Christ. Or Christ. Either will do. But w ithout doubting. OR? you can ?search the scriptures? like many do, but I doubt if you?ll get the answer you?re truly wishing for.

You now admit that we are more spiritual than physical ? yet earlier you claim that we are not able to understand spiritual things. Which is it?

We are more spiritual BEINGS that we are fleshly; however, in forgetting that truth, that we were spiritual long before we became fleshly, we have allowed our FLESH to "rule"... so that lack "spiritualness". W e have forgotten from where we hail? initially... before the throwing down of the seed, the founding of the world? and forgotten who it is that is calling us BACK. Our Father, through Christ. Why? Because we do not hear his VOICE when he calls and says ?THIS is the way, you people!? No, we would rather listen to others of earthling man? in whom we were told NOT to put our trust? tell us of all kinds of *other* ways. Truly, though, there is only ONE Way to come to God: through Christ. There is NO other way.

What you share AGuest is your beliefs based in what you have told yourself is true,

Unfortunately, I must again say that you are in error in your assumption here, dear Amazing1914. Please know, however, that it is not my task? nor in my power? to convince you. You are not my sheep and I am not your shepherd. My DESIRE, as a slave of Christ, is to herald him ? indeed, if I did not the stones would cry out. However, my heralding can do nothing to draw you to Christ: only YOUR faith? and God?s SPIRIT? can do that.
    what you have claimed to yourself is from God.

Well, yes, sort of. It is from God, but not directly. It is such as has been given me by Christ, the Word of God, through whom He speaks. But He Himself said He would do so, didn?t He? And the Prophets bear witness to that truth, just as they bear witness to folks like me coming on the scene, yes?

Joel 2:28, 29

Would you have me deny that Spirit? Truly? But even if you would, I cannot, not even to make you feel more comfortable and less? ?concerned.? For that would be blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, wouldn?t it?

Unless you are an inspired prophet who can demonstrate you have God?s backing and direction, then why should anyone believe anything you say with respect to what you claim you have been given?

I speak the truth to you when I say that I am a servant of the Most High God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH? of Armies? to His Household, Israel, and all who go with them? and a slave of His Christ. I do not know what else *I* can ?do?? to ?demonstrate? that truth of that, other than to tell you to simply ask the One who sent me. Anything beyond that is not within my own power to do, for such a thing would be up to the Master? by means of the authority granted HIM by the Father; if indeed, THEY will it, you shall receive whatever it is you need. But, truthfully, I know of no one who was able to make a demonstration simply because someone asked for it as prove of God?s backing and direction. And perhaps I am in error, but it seems to me that where such proof was given, it was NOT because the messenger was challenged, but because the Originator of the message was. And in those instances, such ?demonstrations? didn?t go well with the one(s) demanding them.
    Rather, the Apostles warned us to look out for ?wolves in Sheep?s clothing.?

Indeed! And I would give you the same warning! For what did my Lord say such wolves would do? ?Snatch and scatter? the sheep. I have snatched and scattered no one. I have no desire or intention of doing anything remotely like that. I am simply a good-for-nothing slave? delivering a message. Whether Israel and those who go with them hear? or refrain.
    Constantly reminding people how humble you are scares the hell out of me

I can think of no time, not where, where I reminded anyone of how humble I am, for I am NOT humble. True, I am LEARNING humility, but I've got a LONG way to go. But I am curious as to what you have to fear of anything at all? If you have love, you should have NO fear at all, for love? casts ALL fear? outside. If Christ is with you, then? you have nothing to fear? certainly not from me. For does not HE have ?authority? over EVERYTHING? in heaven AND on earth? If my authority, then, is from the demons, why in the world would I preach the Christ? Can a house divided against itself stand? Can I SAY ?JAHESHUA is Lord? except by means of Holy Spirit? Take a moment and think of what you?re saying?

just like a predator who is trying to sooth its victim before it strikes.

Yikes! Me?!!! Oh, Lordy!!!

I am not judging you or saying that is true for you, but I am concerned .

Again, you need to check YOUR heart? and your honesty. For you have indeed judged me, here AND in your heart? for it is by means of such judgment that you draw the conclusions that you do. You ARE concerned? that such is true of me? and I have given you absolutely NO grounds to believe so. You are comparing me with others? and drawing a false conclusion based on such comparison. But like SO many who try to hide what they are? ON THE INSIDE? you saying one thing with your ?mouth?? while your heart says another. Yes? Yet, I have spoken nothing but truth to you. I know who my Father is, dear Amazing. He is the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH? of Armies. And I could not say so were it not true. You, however, might need to examine who YOUR ?father? is, for like the Pharisees who claimed Abraham as their father, your heart is revealing another ?truth.?

I wrote to you that:

?The PROBLEM? is that earthling man has been SO misled by religion? SO lied to? SO deceived? that like many, you?re at a point where ANYTHING that speaks of ANYTHING having to do with ANYTHING "spiritual"? is suspect. And that is as it should be. It is for that very reason that I tell you: do NOT listen to me? but to the One who speaks to YOU, too? from the heavens.?

To which you responded:

I believe that it is the constant prayer of kind and unassuming Christians who helped pull me out of the Watchtower den of thieves ? and not listening to self appointed prophets or prophetesses. I find their humility important because they never once told me how humble they are.

Such ones are to be commended for snatching you out of that fire, by all means!! I do not condemn them at all! But how are you to condemn the One who snatched ME out? Okay, so you laud them because they pulled you out of the WTBTS and never told you how humble they are. And in your GRATITUDE you now tell me about them, yes? I herald the Christ for the VERY SAME REASON: he pulled me out and NEVER once told me how humble he is! But he doesn?t HAVE to: he IS humble! I have learned that because I have come to know him? personally! His humility is NOT abstract, I promise you, and my knowledge of it is NOT based on something I read, anymore than your knowledge of those you laud is based on such. The DIFFERENCE is that Christ didn?t use someone of earthling man to extract me: he did it himself. And he did not send me to extract any. Rather, he simply sent me to those who ARE extracted to say, ?Now that you?re out? FOLLOW HIM!? And that is ALL that my message entails. I? have not and do not ASK? WANT? or NEED you? to follow me. I have never asked for, wanted or needed such a thing. And if you get that out of my message? then, I apologize, but? you?re not reading what I am writing? but rather, ?hearing? what it is you wish to ?hear?. And many do that ? fail to get the SENSE of what they are reading because they take it on with all kinds of preconceived ideas. Follow who you will, dear Amazing1914, and do not concern yourself with me; I will follow my Lord and NONE of earthling man.

With my regards to my words that:

NONE of us are ?over? anyone else. Rather, we are ALL to be SERVANTS of one another? LESSER ones. But I can see how you might miss that truth in the things I share because I have found that most people want what they perceive I have because they THINK it will elevate them... as they THINK it has elevated me (or they think I think it has). Nothing could be further from the truth: it will not elevate you? or make you higher. It will instead, humble you? indeed, humiliate you? and bring you down. In the flesh, the Christ was not raised UP... but lowered. Get that? Through him, then, I have found that it is truly the ?lower? seat that is more desirable for me. Truly, I could not handle being higher up than any other. If you knew me, you would know that.?

You respond:

Again, false humility and the constant need to remind everyone of the great depths of humility. Why? And your comment is irrelevant to my point.

Which makes me fear for YOU, as you again ascribe something bad to the TRUTH. I spoke the TRUTH; how can that be bad? Only if there is something in YOUR heart that takes issue with something where no issue was intended.

(The word of my Lord to you, dear Amazing, is how are you to know the heart of another so that you can judge his or her humility and its depths? Is it upon you to judge the servant of another? Watch out that you are not judged as you judge.)

What brand do you claim to be?

I claim no brand at all other than the "brand" on me by the blood of Christ: holy spirit. I will confess, however, that I am a living stone in the temple of God, a member of the Body of Christ, in the Congregation of the Firstborn, of Israel, from the tribe of Ben-JAH-min, chosen by God through Christ and thereafter set free, who has chosen to be a willing slave in response to his call, so that having been bought with his blood, I live, no longer for myself, for him that bought me, to do HIS will? which is serve the Household of God, Israel, and all who go with them? just as and in the manner that he tells me to. As a slave, it is not within my will to ask whom or what or why; it is simply upon me to go? and do. As you can see, this is not a name, it has not title, falls under no particular denomination, is obedient to no sect and follows no man: it is what I am, by means of an anointing with holy spirit. Such anointing makes me a ?anointed/chosen? (i.e., ?mishaJah? in Hebrew; ?kristos? ? Greek; ?christ? ? English) person?? better knows as ?mischaJah-im?? ?kristanous?? or ?christian?. Of JAH.

You went on to write:

My earlier comment: Faith, like a gun, in the hands of the True believer, is DANGEROUS .Not because true believers are insincere ... rather because they are most sincere, and willing to sacrifice everything for their invisible ghosts and "feelings" of being talked to by God that places them at risk of being manipulated by charletons. We only have to look back to 9-11 to see how sincere "true believers' in their spirituality ... in their oh so great "understanding" of spiritual things ... things too far above the average western "infidel" that causes them to fly planes into buildings

To which I responded:

?First, I have to say that such individuals probably felt justified in their actions? due not only on their faith in their ?god,? but as retribution for what the ?infidels? HAVE done in their lands? whether we wish to face THAT truth or not.?

Then you write:

Genuine people of faith NEVER feel justified in doing such things.

Obviously, you missed my point(s). First, that

?? it is the "faith" of such "infidels" in their "god" that causes them to run all over the earth pushing their own form of government, whether others want it or not, ? ?

and second that:

"with regard to the former ones, I would have to say that if such ones belonged to the True God, the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of ABRAHAM... who they CLAIM to belong to... they, too, would not have taken such action? for ANY reason. Rather, they would have listened to His Son, who said vengeance belongs to God? and that it is God who?ll repay. They would not ?return evil for evil? or ?go reviling when being reviled.? IF they belonged to the God of Abraham, as they claim to. By their ?fruits? however, one would know that this claim? is untrue.?

BOTH ?sides? are in error? for BOTH sides return evil and revile when being reviled.

If the people of Iraq, for example, vote to be ruled by Mullahs then they have made a choice ? but as it stands, it was the madman Saddam Hussein and his minions who forced a wicked government on his own people ? it was the west who took him out. The west has not forced any government on the Iraqi people ... rather, the west is trying to help them choose their own government for the first time in their lives. It had little to with God, and much more to do with stopping a madman who were he to have or attain weapons of mass destruction would use them ? on the west ? just as he already did on the Kurds ? on innocent men, women, and children.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion. I do find it curious, though, that you are connecting Iraq with 9/11, when Osama Bin Laden himself said that Hussein (who, by the way, Bin Laden referred to as ?the infidel?) had nothing to do with the matter. I also find it curious that you make the connection, when even the Bush Administration didn?t, at least, not head-on. According to them, 9/11 was not the ?basis? for the invasion, but WMDs were. I also find it curious that no such weapons have been found. Okay? yet. But how many have searched? For how long? To the detriment and death of how many? And I find it curious that it is ?we? (you know, those of us who are ?trying to help them choose their own government for the first time in their lives? have had to issue an apology for ?our? immoral behavior and treatment of prisoners.

As regards your assertion of ?silly conspiracy theories,? I would only ask you to research? really research? the Patriot Act. As obviously, you don?t yet know just what can? and most probably will? happen to the ?freedom? and ?rights? you believe ?we? are all about upholding. But, no, wait? you said you were attending law school, yes? Well, then, I believe you?ll find out soon enough.

The Bible speaks of Caesar acting as God?s ?MINISTER? to carry out justice, even executing with the Sword. So, is acting as God?s ?minister? unchristian revenge, or is it the WILL of God?

Are you suggesting that George Bush is ?God?s minister", that God is using George Bush? to carry out justice? Seriously? Okay, let's go there: Where, m ay I ask you, the ?justice? against the American Government for what occurred the Native Americans? Were the colonists carrying out justice, executing with [God?s] Sword, by forcing millions off their lands, into their schools and churches so as to reeducate them and convert them? to ?chrisitianty?? so that if such ones refused or rebelled they were assassinated, slaughetered, massacred? How about the enslaved Africans, who were taken from their lands? and? and? sigh! Nevermind: if you have convinced yourself that George W. Bush is God?s minister? well, I guess I?m just speechless. Truly. For Mr. Bush is the using the same ?justice? that the Anglo-European world? and religion? has used for CENTURIES in order to conquer and bring entire nations under its own subjection, not God?s. True, they INVOKE the name and authority of God, but? Again, nevermind.

The term ?True Believer? was coined by Eric Hoffer in the book, ?The True Believer.?

Was it? I did not know this.

Belief in and of itself is okay as far as it goes, but it is irrelevant to facts ? for a particular belief about some thing could be factual or not. As stated earlier, I believe that quiet, unassuming Christians prayed me out of the Watchtower ? a point made in one of my Exit Series posts.

Which, again, is commendable. However, not all ?separated? themselves under such circumstances. Certainly, I didn?t, a point I have made in many, many posts.

But, it is just that, a belief, an unprovable belief. It does not make it good or bad.

Why is your unprovable belief any less suspect than mine? Or mine any more suspect than yours? You say some folks helped you? and you have NO problem telling that, confessing it, and even stating your gratitude. We are not unlike in this other than with regard to whom it was that we give the ?glory? to.

The point of my post was not to ridicule all people of faith, but to highlight the lack of intellectual honesty I find in many.

Well, of COURSE you?re not ridiculing ?all? people of faith? for to do so would mean including yourself and the folks you think highly of, yes? And that you find, in your opinion, a lack of ?intellectual honesty? in some is, I believe, no different than the lack of FAITH I find? in some. The only difference is that you attribute your awareness of the lack you speak of to your own perception; I attribute mine? to the One who would know, my Lord, the Son God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. For, unliked him, I? do not know the heart of a man? nor what is IN a man? unless that One reveals it to me.

Moving on? when I stated:

?I cannot make you believe as I do. I don?t WANT to make you believe as I do. I share what I do out of? the abundance of my heart. Whether you hear? or refrain. If you come to hear and see too, then PRAISE JAH! If you don't, what is that to me??

You responded with:

And, your point? I never said anything about you trying to make me believe anything. My post is about intellectual honesty.

I understand the point of your post, and your implication of my dishonesty in that area. But again, I would have to ask you to ?check? your own ?honesty? for you indeed made reference to such a thing. If I may, I refer you back to your comments regarding ?demonstration,? and ?unprovable,? above. I won?t requote them here, for the sake of moving on.

You state:

The fact that you ?presume? people are not listening, is proven by your own statement that you are some kind of ?messenger.?

I understand that [some] people are not listening and therefore do not hear? because my Lord says that is the case. I would not know, otherwise.
    The fact that you don?t care if people ?me? believe or not also demonstrates something rather curious ? that is ? God cares, as he desires none to be destroyed, but for ALL to be saved. If he cares, and you were his messenger, then you would care.

You are in error, for you do not know the task of a messenger: I DO care? for ALL of mankind? and wish that ALL of mankind would hear? and get the sense of it so as to the hear the Master and follow him. If not for the mercy of it, then certainly for the awesomeness of it. However, whether you hear ME or not? is irrelevant. It must be. Why? Because were I to care whether you listened to ME or not? I would run the risk of possibly tainting? or even altering? the message, so as to BE heard. If it is God?s will, through Christ, that you hear? based on you possessing the tiniest bit of faith so as TO hear? then it would be. Whether I cried out or not. For someone else would in my place if I didn?t. But due to the prevalence of skepticism and ridicule, and in some instances persecution, I have asked for? and received? a forehead ?hard as flint.? Thus, while my HEART, like my Lord?s, is soft for ALL of mankind, which is why I CONTINUE heralding him, even though it?s more of a ?torture stake? at times, than a rose garden, my HEAD? remains focused. So, I will continue with my ?work,?? whether you hear? or refrain? which is YOUR choice? and God?s? not mine.

You confuse ?religion? and ?religious.? They are different. I used the term ?religious? to distinguish between faith in general and that which is focused on God. There is no such thing as ?True? faith. For faith simply is. A person either has faith in something or they do not. I have faith that the police will not rob banks. I have faith that my wife will not have sex with another man. I have faith in Jesus. I have faith in whatever ? does not make my faith ?true? or otherwise ? it just is.

I don?t think we are speaking about the same thing, for I think you are speaking of TRUST? which is not the same as faith. Not at all. That you TRUST that police won?t rob banks will not make it so: somewhere, some police have robbed some bank. That you TRUST your wife will not have sex with another man? does not mean she won?t: she is subject to err just like anyone else. That she most likely WON?T? is something you can put your trust in. FAITH? however? is more than trust; MUCH more. By means of FAITH? that which you exercise faith IN? WILL or WON?T occur. For example, IF you had faith? the size of a mustard seed? you COULD move a mountain. That you CANNOT move a mountain? means you do NOT possess faith? even the size of a mustard seed.

Unfortunately, the problem is that most people truly don?t understand what faith REALLY is. IF you had faith? the size of a mustard seed? you could walk on water. You could heal the sick. You could raise the dead. IF you had faith. For your FAITH? would make it SO.

I know that I do NOT possess such faith, not even the size of a mustard seed. But Praise JAH! it takes even LESS than that? LESS than faith even the size of a mustard seed? to hear the Voice of the Fine Shepherd.

This is New World Translation language ? why do you quote from the false Devil Bible that denies the divinity of Christ?

Sigh! The ?false stylus? has affected EVERY Bible, dear Amazing1914. Not ONE version is without taint. Not one. Every one of them is slanted toward the belief of their writer, transcriber or sponsor. That is why my Lord said what he did at John 5:39, 40. It is why HE is called ?God?s Word,? and why it is in HE that we are to search for and in HIM that were are to put our trust.

Now, let?s use the True Bible ? the King James, Authorized Version ? which says at Hebrews 11:1, ?Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.?

Okay, wait! You wish me to believe that the KVJ is the ?True? Bible? Dear one, do you not HEAR? and get the SENSE of it? when my Lord CONDEMNED the ?scribes?? Do you know WHY he condemned them? Do you know what a ?scribe? is? Dear Amazing1914? there are NO versions that are not tainted. There is no ?true? Bible. As for your taking exception with the NWT, I am directed by my Lord to use it here, along with others, so that ALL who still ?search the scriptures? can see for themselves what the particular version they put THEIR faith in? actually says? versus what they?ve been told by the men who ?push? it says it does. Truly, it does not matter which version you use? for they are all flawed. Not one is sound. That is why rather than ?drinking? from tainted ?water,?? I prefer to drink directly from the ?cistern? of Truth, the TRUE Source of ?living water?? Christ. That One invited me to drink? directly from him? just as he invited you and all of mankind. I did? and have not been ?thirsty? since.

John 4:14; 7:37, 38; Revelation 22:17

WOW!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!! (no yelling intended). Nothing ?assured? ? for faith is the ?substance? of things hoped for ? a point I make in my post above.

First, I would tell you to continue in reading the verse, you know, to the part that does say ?the EVIDENCE... of things... not seen.? Then, I would ask you to look up both the word ?substance? and the word ?evidence.? And I would also ask that you use a substantial dictionary when doing so and not one of those pocket versions as you?d only be cheating yourself if you did.

Hope must drive faith and faith is from that hope. Faith is in itself the evidence of unseen things ? but it is not proof of anything ? and it is NOT the demonstration of any REALITY ? and that is why you, and others, have been misled by the devil Bible which corrupts the message from the Master.

Okay? you establish here that you believe in ?the Master,? by whom I assume you mean the Christ. And yet, in response to my comment:

?Let me ask you and you tell me, please, if you know: Noah built an ark. By what or whose direction? Are you sure? Was he? How do we know? How did HE know??

YOU say:

Ahhh ? more religious language from Job ? okay ? now, let?s look at hard reality ? Noah may have built an Ark ? but I cannot say anything about this Jewish fable ? for there was no Global flood ? science has proven that ? maybe there was a local flood.

I am uncertain of your reference to Job, but I must ask, did not the Christ YOU believe in believe in the truth of such flood?

What Noah knew or did not know is not for me to prove ? it is for Noah to decide what he believes and whether God really spoke to him ? I have no evidence one way or another.

The ark was the evidence of what Noah believed, was it not? Noah believed that God told him a flood was coming. Out of his FAITH in what he believed God told him? he built an ark. And as a result, saved his entire household. What he had NOT put faith in what he heard? What if he had doubted that he heard it, or that it was from God? His family, too, could have been lost. But just as the 11 th Chapter of Hebrews states:

?By FAITH, Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his household.?

Jewish history states this in the Hebrew Bible.

Ummmm... it's also in the KJV... authorized version or otherwise...

But I cannot prove anything ? it could be another Jewish fable or embellished historical facts. It is a matter of interpretation.

Or a matter... of faith. Yes? But if one LACKS faith, one could simply ask one who was there, as an eye-witness is almost always the best kind, yes? My Lord was there; he will answer. All you need do? is ask.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior. I cannot speak beyond whatever he taught.

Yet, by your words above, you are not even sure of the things that he taught, for he taught about Noah?

I understand what you are trying to say, but it misses my point that many people who claim faith do go beyond such honesty ... and this results in being presumptuous.

I agree. But this is not new. The Pharisees did such, to the detriment of the faith of the Jews, so that when my Lord DID arrive and DID speak? they ?couldn?t? hear him. Just as they couldn?t hear John (the Baptist), Zechariah, Elijah, all of the Prophets? and Moses before him. Because of their lack of FAITH? they failed to hear. But not ALL of them; SOME of them? heard HIM? and so were not misled by the presumptuous ones. My message, dear Amazing is not to listen to me. It never has been. It is to listen? to HIM? which is the same message as all those before me, to return to GOD? through CHRIST? and no one else.

When that happens ? we will see. Until then, we cannot see or predict what we will do.

WE cannot, true. But God can, and DOES? through Christ. That one bears witness to this truth makes one presumptuous?

Be content to wait and see ? and not try to speculate beyond that.

That is for YOU? for you have not yet seen or heard. But I HAVE. What I hoped for has arrived for me? partially? so that I see, hear? and prophesy? partially. When that which is complete, my Lord, arrives FULLY? then I will see and hear FULLY? and no longer NEED to prophesy. For not only will be the spirit be IN me? but I? will be in HIM: ONE Spirit.

When I wrote:

"the things I share are NOT mine, but that which I receive."

You asked:

You received what, from whom?

I received the truth? FROM the Truth.

How am I or anyone to know?

I have told you: A-S-K.

My post does not deal with the ?spiritual body of Christ? as described figuratively by the Apostle Paul. Rather, I am speaking to people who make special claims about their faith.

I am a member of that Body? and I make no special claims. My claims are no different than what yours? or anyone else?s could be.

Anyone can claim and promote their works as being of the spirit ?

True, but if it such were not true, they would be guilty of blaspheming against the Spirit (although many know that and still don't care...)

the Watchtower Society is an expert of talking, promoting, and applying the Bible to themselves, and the fruit of the spirit is no exception. They likewise claim to test everything.

Indeed. Again, there are many false christs and false prophets. This particular one even uses ?reports of wars.?

My point is that each individual must do the testing ? and so far, I have yet to find anything that can hold up to the test.

But that is YOUR test. If you find me ?lacking,? so be it: many before me were found ?lacking? by those who purported to test them; that does not negate my purpose or my service any more than it did those.

The Watchtower Society and other cults and individual loose cannons also claim they search the Scriptures as well ? and look at the mess we have with hundreds, maybe thousands of sects.

But that is because we follow THEM? instead of following the Fine Shepherd. We DO that because they tell us to: ?Come! Come to us! Listen to us! Be with us! Worship with us, our way!? I have done NO such thing. I have NOT asked you to come to me, or listen to me, or be with me, or follow me, or worship with me. I HAVE admonished to you listen to the One who speaks to you, from the heavens, to go to THAT One, the One from whose inward part ?streams of living water? flow, to follow HIM and no one BUT him? and to worship God THROUGH him, by means of spirit? but that is all. Whether you hear? and get the sense of that? or not.

and don?t run around claiming one has received such truth until it is truly received ?

?? And when it is???

even then, I would go to a shrink and have my head examined before I start telling the world that God spoke to me.

Well, who the heck needs faith, then? We can all just simply go ask our shrink if it?s true or not and put our trust is his/her diagnosis, for certainly, he or she would know, if any one would? right?????

Just to be clear, I never spoke of signs. I speak of people making special spiritual claims ?

For which you need a sign in order to believe it, yes? Let me ask you: what if I were to perform some great miracle that you could see with your eyes and hear with your ears? And what if I did it in the name of my Lord? Would that make a believer out of you? And yet, what of those of whom my Lord said, ?Get away from me? I never knew you?? Did not those ?perform many powerful works? in the Lord?s name? And if that is what you and those like you NEED? are you not at RISK for being misled? because you walk BY SIGHT? rather than BY FAITH? Sigh! Dear Amazing1914, your? understanding? does not make sense, but rather, contradicts itself.

now you scare me again ? lazy? Lacking faith? Sounds all to familiar with Watchtower-speak to bring guilt and fear upon our heads.

Scared? Most probably, it is because of what you revealed above, the tendency for religion to use fear and guilt to bring people under their subjection. I purposed to speak truth, however, not lay guilt. But have no fear, for n either laziness nor lacking faith is a grounds for the things you mention. The disciples SAW the miracles performed by the Master and yet, lacked faith. While he admonished them, he did not condemn them. My Lord did not and does not use fear and guilt; he uses love? and truth. If, however, if the truth makes you? afraid? you must ask yourself why that is.

What then are the means to know the ?truth? as you speak of it? We cannot prove anything.

Again, you can ASK? the Truth. He will tell you.

This makes my point. Proving what one believes is impossible to prove. Therefore, no one can know if anything is from God.

The man of faith can. The spiritual man can. For such things are not foolishness to him; he can grasp them. The physical man, however, has a bit more trouble. 1 Corinthians 2:11-16 might help you understand what I mean. Just so you know, the AV (Scoffield) includes the following commentary within those verses:

"(d) The revealed things are taught in words given by the Spirit," and (e) The revealed thing are spiritually discerned..."

The regular AV, however, does not include this commentary, but the AV is the AV, untampered and intact, yes?

What we have is not provable knowledge, but rather faith. Faith does not run around telling people about claims ? faith is what the individual has within themselves ? for there is no way to test and prove a claim.

Then you negate all of the Prophets, Moses, Noah, David, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob? John the Baptist, the Apostles, Paul, Stephen, the fleshly brothers of my Lord? even my Lord himself. For they all, every one of them? and many others? ran around telling people about claims.

I have already revealed what my Lord gave me about Mr. Smith. This thread is entirely too long to go into that again, here. But yes, Mr. Smith was a false prophet, for the spirit being that appeared to him was not an agent of my Father or my Lord? but of the Nephilim.

Ten million Mormons have faith that Jesus appointed Joey Smith to his position to lead modern Christians to some destiny. Who are we to debate that? Is it from God or the Devil or a deluded human? Prove it, one way or the other!

More than that have faith the Charles Russell was the original "faithful and discreet slave." But, so what?

?...broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction and many are the ones finding it,? (Which would now include the WTBTS folks, too!) ?But narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading to life? and FEW? are the one finding it.?

(Actually, the Gate is not an ?it?? but a whom: ?I am the Door?? And few? are the ones finding? or, rather, being found by? him. )

AND ?that is good for you, Aguest. But there is know way for me or anyone to know what God has or has not done for you.

Sure, there is! I have TOLD you!

Dearest Amazing1914? I am tired now, and there is still more to go. I will post this much for now? and respond to the rest sometime this week. In the meantime, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH? of Armies? and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you? if you so wish it.

I am your servant, as I am servant to all those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with them, and a slave of Christ? to time indefinite,

SJ

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Now that's gotta be some kind of record!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Not a wonder you're tired Shel. My brain just melted...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit