Trinity

by desib77 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irishayes
    irishayes

Thanks, Nick.

But I rest my case. Still no one answers this question.

• Justin
    Justin

It doesn't matter if the question is answered or not. It was the Son who died, not the Father. And the Father is God. When you raise questions about whose love was greatest, you're playing in a different ballpark.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Des:

My biggest problem with the Trinity is the way people can use both God and Jesus in reference to the same thing.

Do you have a similar problem when refering to the Simpsons as a family?
    We often lump several things together into a single plural term, in the English language.

Still:
    What, more obnoxious even than "hell"?

• M.J.
    M.J.
    My biggest problem with the Trinity is the way people can use both God and Jesus in reference to the same thing.

Paul seemed to have a habit of doing this too, applying numerous OT Yahweh scriptures to Jesus.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

This does fall under speculative theology.

However, read "When Jesus Became God." Just the history of how this teaching came about leaves one with the feeling God had nothing to do with it....I tend not to believe it on historical and logic grounds.

I agree with Franz: Christ is divine. It is the extent of his divinity that is the question.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thi:
    So how are you defining "Divine", if it has grades?
    Are the angels "divine"?

MJ:
    Seems that way, doesn't it? Trust Paul (a Monotheist) to go and confuse all the Monotheists, with his monotheistic comments.

• John C.
    John C.

Desi, The link to my website http://www.geocities.com/trinitarian3n1/trinity2.htm will give you a basic understanding of the Scriptural basis for the Trinity and answer some of the very objections that you've probably heard with regard to its validity. John C.

• desib77
    desib77

Thanks John C.....

I'll try to take a look at it this evening.

Desi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit