Mark 3:29 - Two of the "Most Powerful Verses" In the Entire Bible.

by Kevin 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    say: "Ok, fine. That makes perfect sense to me. I cannot blaspheme against the holy spirit and I have no idea exactly WHAT the holy spirit is and YET I have NO IDEA what really constitutes any sort of blasphemy against this holy spirit might be, but if I do this thing that I'm not sure I might be doing, I'm screwed forever, right?"

Farkel.....don't you know what the holy spirit is? He's Jesus helper. Before Jesus came he didn't exist, or else he was a totally quiet figure in the bible that wasn't ever mentioned till Jesus showed up. Actually....he did show up till Jesus died and came back from the dead and asked his dad if he could send the Holy Spirit to the earth and his dad said ok....and so he did.

When he sent the Holy Spirit, he scared people. People saw fire that looked like tongues and people started sounding like rabid auctioneers and each heard their own language. I guess if the language thing hadn't happened from the Holy Spirit it would be like trying to buy a car in Mexico in that little upper room with 120 different dialect jews.

The Holy spirit also kills people. He killed Annanis and Saphira because they didn't give all their dough to the church and kept some for themselves, and lied about it. I guess Jesus sacrifice didn't cover their sins in that case because they lied to Jesus buddy the Holy Spirit, and Jesus sacrifice doesn't cover pissing him off.

He's way more important than Jesus because he's the one who's a person that lives in your head that convicts you of absolute truth so that when you deny that conviction, your spitting in gods face. People could spit in Jesus face, whip him, scourge him, and yell insults at him even after they saw his miracles and Jesus would forgive them........but NEVER pissoff his ol' bud....the Holy Spirit!

Gumby

I hope this hepls.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    You're right about the Pentecost thing (XQs - sorry dude, but you aren't right on this one...), but not on the HS being a 1st Century creation (a la Gen.1:2).

A similarly curious scripture is 1Cor.6:18 (still on-topic).

• gumby
    gumby

Gumby:You're right about the Pentecost thing (XQs - sorry dude, but you aren't right on this one...), but not on the HS being a 1st Century creation (a la Gen.1:2).

Was this the same Holy Spirit sent at Pentecost, that was mentioned in Gen 1:2?

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbessiah

• Cloud Strife
    Cloud Strife

You shouldn't talk negative of things you know nothing about, thats not a smart thing to do.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Do you mean, which one of the seven (Rev.4:5)?

• gumby
    gumby
    Do you mean, which one of the seven (Rev.4:5)?

I think the Seven Spirits were for the Seven congregations mentioned in REV. Seven meant complete. The seven congregations were postal points that were circular about 50 miles apart starting at ephesus, circling to Laodicea. These congregations recieved letters for others to hear about. I don't think this was the same as the Holy Spirit......but what the heck do I know

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That was lampstands, in chapter 1
    Besides, I was ribbing ya - hehehe

Another question would be, was the spirit given at Pentecost the same on as the one "blown" onto the Apostles, by Jesus?

• gumby
    gumby

LT,

Perhaps the Holy Spirit was also as genesis was.....not literal, but rather allegory to present a message for others to understand God is always present with others though existing in heaven.

Why a "Holy Spirit" would be needed to do that however, would'nt make sense, as God or Jesus can fill all roles in this dept. Perhaps Jesus said he would send the Spirit as a helper for the diciples to understand they would be cared for even though their master would be back with the father.

Perhaps the Organisation is correct on this one.......the Holy Spirit is mearly God's own power.....not a seperate entity

Although I doubt the bible as gods word to man, it was written well enough to make some good arguments that defeat what much of religion trys to breath into it.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit