I'm new here...

by sniperdoc 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ouch Sniper..... I know what that's like. I injured mine in November and had surgery on it as well. I tried to do the track in February and that didnt work. Maybe you should try swimming. I've taken up swimming and water aerobics, it's virtually no impact and has really strengthend with the resistance of the water. Not sure how your Marine friends would take it though, if you suddenly gave up the daily running for your "water aerobics class."

• sniperdoc
    sniperdoc

Chevy...

Actually we are very big on swimming. There are the Scout Swimmers who are used to swim up to shore in certain tactics. An extremely demanding task. I also go swim every day. There's a training pool a few blocks away from me.

Also, I sent you a message, but I don't know if you got it or not...

Aaron

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

got it

• kls
    kls

Welcome ,,,, keep posting it is nice to hear how things are going with you all service guys/ gals.

• sniperdoc
    sniperdoc

kls...

Swabbies? No...But I am also on the green side, meaning I am stationed on a Marine base. Marines are a department of the Navy...I am medical, and all Marine medical support comes from the Navy (the blue side). So I don't hear much about swabbies or skippers or any other Navy lingo. The only thing they call me is Doc, and I'm happy with that. :-)

Aaron

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Welcome to this great forum, SniperDoc! And, a personal thank you for being part of what keeps Americans free to be who and what they are. I personally don't agree with the Prez. on this war, but I am still grateful to those who volunteered to go over and risk their lives. So, you were a JW and now you aren't and you, like most of us here, are free to be who you want to be, free to think the way you want, without someone dictating every little move to make. I was part of that horrible organization for twenty-five years. I got caught by them when I was 14, thanks to dear mother. I've been out five going on six years and am the only one in my family to be DF'd. I was DF's for spiritism, i.e. reading and researching astrology etc...............my ex turned me in. There are some incredibly intelligent, funny people here..................so, enjoy!!!

Hugs,

Terri

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

SniperDoc:

Thanks for being with us. Thank you so much for defending our freedom so we can sleep at night in peace when we lay down our heads. You'll never know how much your sacrifice has meant to us. Many may not agree with the war, but we agree with YOU. You are dong the only thing that you know to be true. Thank you, sister.

CG

• reganashe
    reganashe
    Welcome, I'm sure you will meet plenty of nice people.

love,

Regan Ashe

• sniperdoc
    sniperdoc

Country girl,

Thank *you*, but "sister"? Did I misunderstand something here? Do I look like a sister? :-)

Aaron

• shera
    shera

Welcome and its good to see you made it home safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit