Do JW parents ENJOY watching their kids struggle ???

by run dont walk 13 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I see where you are going, but not sure it's entirely a JW thing. Years ago I read a great book entitled "Toxic Parents." (One wonders why I read it). Anyway, I recall something about toxic parents not wanting their children to do better than they have done.
    but not sure it's entirely a JW thing.

I agree, it just seems to me to be more evident with JW parents.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I think that JW parents are doing what they think they should do without thinking about the long-term effects on their children. When their children are suffering, they are obviously suffering for righteousness sake in their sand-filled eyes.

• Sassy
    Sassy

it isn't about enjoying watching them struggle....... they think that Armegeddon is imminent and so pionnering, this 'life saving' work is a priviliedge and brings great happiness.. they really think that.. plus they will think is assures their children of living forever.. so it is a bigger picture they are looking at

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    they think that Armegeddon is imminent and so pionnering, this 'life saving' work is a priviliedge and brings great happiness.. they really think that.. plus they will think is assures their children of living forever.. so it is a bigger picture they are looking at

I understand that, BUT, if it bring such happiness and such a priviledge, why don't the parents EVER pioneer and give up their jobs. Guess they don't want to be there ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit