Do you believe in God or Jesus ???

by run dont walk 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Personally, I could care less about God and/or Jesus, have no use for either of them, very disappointed in how they run things. And when I die, I hope I get the chance to tell him/them that.

There was a great song in the late 80's early 90's by Depeche Mode called Blasphemous Rumours(spelling ?)

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours, but I think that God has a sick sense of humour, and when I die I expect to find him laughing."

Maybe my attitude will change when i hit my 60's or 70's, but i doubt it.

How about you, have you found a new belief since leaving JW land, or still have a belief in God ???

just curious

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I guess a better question is "Why do people feel they have to believe in God/Jesus."

Why is it so imortant to have a belief in a higher life form ?

• kls
    kls

Actually i am not sure what i believe anymore. I would not say i am an Atheist but being brought up in a hell hole of a so called home and living with a heartless jw husband, i can say God or Jesus has not stepped in to help, so i gave up the praying and asking cause it falls on deaf ears.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Why did you use the word "or" in the title. To some they are synonymous

LT "believer" class

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Why did you use the word "or" in the title. To some they are synonymous
    But to JWs and fresh XJWs they are not synonymous.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    How about you, have you found a new belief since leaving JW land, or still have a belief in God ???

Doesn't sound like the question was that restrictive, to me?
    Anyhow, my view on that had changed before I became an exJW. In fact it was the very pivot point that sent me here...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I love that song, BTW.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Yes and no. I believe in the Goddess, and she is definately not Jesus.

Gretchen
    Cat 3

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Since some believe the Holy Spirit to be "feminine" (if that's an accurate description of belief) I suspect that that may be catered for, too

• natalienu
    natalienu

Why does everyone feel this need to believe in God?

Can?t people just accept the fact that they die eventually and instead of wasting away their precious life on worrying about what happens?

Why not just live each day as if it was your last and stop worrying so much about what is going to happen tomorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit