JW Suicides

by dmouse 13 Replies latest jw friends

• 4JWY
    4JWY

dmouse, I'm so sorry for the sadness of the loss of your mum's friend in this way. Since there are many circumstances that can lead up to a person taking this course of action, I know that the WTS has become a little more understanding with this issue in recent years. My personal experience with the loss of my devout JW dad to suicide, was that had we wanted a memorial at the KH, there would have been one. We weren't up for the generic KH memorial talk offering. He was a zealous, active brother in the congregation who had struggled with suicidal inclinations due to severe depression/ and WE know, OPPRESSION for more than 40 years of his true self. He carried a note card in his wallet with scriptures related to the WTS's view and the Bible's view on suicide - one of his notes read:

Eccl. 7:7 NWT: "For mere oppression may make a wise one act crazy..." ????

Other notes showed that he had confidence that God is the only judge and he alone knows all of one's thoughts and what would cause them to take such action. He found comfort in this.

Unfortunately, suicide is not an uncommon experience in the congregations as you can see from the other thread you were directed to.

Warm regards,

4JWY

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problem!

There is a good life after the cult.

Help is only a mouse click away.

Undaunted Danny www.DannyHaszard.com

email [email protected]

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hello DM

I posted on this site on 31 March the same subject, and as we are both in Britain this is becoming wide spread of suicides among JW in Britain.

The sis ter who died also had a funeral in the Kingdom Hall, and the reason for this is that the Society in Briatian has said that it is up to the local elders, but during the funeral they cannot say id the deceased will be resurected,they are to leave it out.

The W/T has blood on its hands in Briatain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As they are messing up peoples minds mentally.

Aikon

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Won't get resurrected???

The Bible says that "there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous." -Acts 24:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit