Have you ever?

by got my forty homey? 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nilfun
    nilfun

Sorry you're feeling so down, 40...

Sometimes, just simply daydreaming makes me feel better. Walter Mitty ain't got nothin' on me, LoL.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry for all that you are going through Forty. I dont have an answer, I just wanted to add my words of support and hope that you are feeling a little better by now.

Just think , as you drove through Brooklyn you must have been near to the Bethel - in body if not in mind. That thought may have cheered you up?

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    This morning I woke up to go to the doctors office because of a terrible gout attack I had over the weekend

I hate to be blunt, but please take my advice on this ...........

CUT OUT ALL red meats, in fact all meat, chicken and fish are ok, eat lots of fruit

in a month or so, you will feel like a million dollars, TRUST ME !!!!!!!!!!!!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad Forty,,,,I get those moods too, and add physical pain to it , it can be devasting. I am glad you went to the doctor, that is a good sign for self preservation. You are a sweet guy and this world would not be the same without you in it, for your family and your friends,,,,,but most of all for yourself. Life is worth the pain, although when we are hurting emotionally, physically we can not always see anything good.

When I get this down, I take my medication, I take time for myself, and I give myself time to think , meditate on things. If I allow myself to think too much I get soooo exhausted. I pass the time, when I am physically not able to move,,,,,by reading a good book,,,,,alot of self help books, with positive stories, ideas, nothing that would make me feel worse. I watch funny shows,,,,,,,,it really does help if you can find somewhere deep in yourself , the laughter you once had. It may not be what you usually are, but if it is there at all, pull that out from down deep, it will help you keep things in perspective. I can watch the three stoogies , Tom and Jerry cartoons, or anything with Chris Farley, or other SNL comics in it and it always makes me at least smile.

I allow myself time to get well, it is very hard to wait on meds to work when you are hurting , when you are so tired of feeling so sad. I take time to rest, take extra naps, eat special foods that you like that are good for you, sit outside and enjoy the sun for just a bit.

I keep going thru the motions of what I usually do , and I try to keep myself from totally vegatating in front of the TV. Keep your routine, varied but not too much , that will exhaust you more.

I hope you get to feeling better,,,,,,,,you probably have been thru this before, and that is what I try to remember........If I hang on , give it time , not easy I know...but I know "this too shall pass".

(((((((((((((((((Forty))))))))))))))))))))

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I want to thank all of you sincerly from the bottom of my heart for the advice and cheering up. Never in my life did I feel the way I did that morning. I layed in bed and really wondered what would be the best way to end it quickly and painlessly. Generally I look forward to something, anything positive that will keep me going, but I dont have that. Its sad indeed that so many of us ex dubs not only have to contend with mental anquish but a lot of us have physical problems to boot. My doctor recommended that I see a rhuemotology doctor who specializes in people with gout.

What frustrates me is that at 35 I'm almost a crippled and have tried all sorts of herbs, diets, medications since I have been suffering with this ailment sine 1999. I dont eat lots of red meat, maily my diet consists of chicken, but also many fruits and vegetables are bad for gout sufferers and I really dont even know if gout is my problem or something worse.

Again, all joking aside thanks to all of you and I hope I can return the favor likewise.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Forty , that is something that is so wonderful about this site , our genuine love and affection for each other. I hope you know that you are a special person and you contribute alot to the feeling of a "brotherhood", that is the best term I can use,,,,,that we all have being ex dubs.

I know what you mean about being young and being crippled. I am legally termed handicapped because of my arthritis,,,,, I have had it since I was a child, and it is mainly in my feet, the worst is my feet. When your feet hurt you can't do anything,,,,,,,you can't walk, to get the exercise that is so important for both physical health and mental. There are days I really can not walk,,,,,,,but there are many more good days, and I try to work my way back to getting myself well. I have to take celebrex alot of the times, and hot soaks in a tub for the feet,,,,,I use a heating pad and just take it easy when I am going thru a bad time.

I love to dance, and that is what breaks my heart so many times, is that I just can't . Sometimes I can dance all night , but I usually pay for it . But I have one life as far as I am sure of , lol,,,,,so I do what I want as I can do it. I try to keep in mind that not all days are going to be painful days,,,,,,there will be days I can dance or go to the mall and walk again.

• Larry
    Larry

Homes - You was in Manhattan and didn't call a brother - what up w/ dat?! Seriously, we have a lot of catching up to do - same hood, same congo, same pain in the rear elders, etc. Get at me when you get a chance - You know the e-mail.

Peace - LL :)

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Got ta get witcha holmes, spoke to my Father and he wants to know how many of the friends are doing, when I have time I'll send you a email kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit