Do you legally join the WatchTower Society ?

by Simon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

Simon,

This might be of interest to you and others.

I had a friend, who went through a very, very sticky disfellowshiping, who requested what information they had about himself. He was told by the elders that there was no information about him at the kingdom hall. What they said was true. I personally know that they gathered his information and sent it to Brooklyn Bethel.

DA

• waiting
    waiting

hey Kent,

What's "Yakki Da" mean?

waiting

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Simon: The WTS represented to us when I was baptized at the Oakland, California convention in 1970, that we were not members in any organization, that mo membership roles are maintained, and that we are only citizens of God's heavenly kingdom.

They also take this position with respect to the Watch Tower corporations, because, in fact only a few hundred are actual members who vote on corporate matters. I believe that the Pennsylvania corporation have 500 share holders. If we became members at baptism, then we would hold legal rights in those corporations.

This also cuts the other way too. If we are not members of any organization, and no membership roles are maintained as represented to us by the legal memebrs of the Watch Tower Society, and we were bapitzed BEFORE they changed the baptism vows in 1985, then they have no legal basis on which to DF or DA any of us. So, since I was never a legal member, nor was baptized with the understanding that I was accoutnable to any church or organization, then I have never really been a JW, and any action they may have taken toward me is not legal or recognized. - Amazing

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

Simon or someone who knows.

Is there a DATA PROTECTION ACT SCHEDULES 7 AND 8 or something to this effect the USA?

Thanks in advance.

DA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit