Do you legally join the WatchTower Society ?

by Simon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Fred,

I assume you were baptized as a Witness before June 1, 1985.. On that date, the organization changed the questions from the bible standard, "In the name of the father, son and holy spirit" to what it is now..

---

1. Repentance of your sins based on the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

2. "Do YOU realize that your baptism IDENTIFIES you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and in association with his spirit directed organization?"

---

Assuming you were baptized before June 1, 1985, I guess that means that we both serve our father without any "middle men", as I too was baptized in the "name of the father, son and holy ghost" by a Roman Catholic priest back when I was a little tyke... Truth be told, howerver, I don't goto church.. Every church I've ever been in is too caught up on ceremony, or worshipping "men" than on actual worship of god himself.. I'm sure you can relate...

If you were baptized after June 1, 1985, I'd love to hear how you claim to have been baptized to serve our father (where did the authority to not follow bible standard come from?) , and not be legally "associated" with the Watchtower organization...

BTW: I'm very happy to see you do have an open mind, and understand that all Chrisitan religions are serving our father, without need for your organization... Too bad the other 6 Million members of your religion, or the GB, don't recognize this fact...

• Kent
    Kent

Will the Watchtower Society disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
    Watchtower does not give, sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others outside of Watchtower.

Interesting point, Simon. Question is how this statement is legally? In Norway it's forbidden to send personal information to files in another country - but the Watchtower do. When anyone should be appointed "elder" - the personal info is sent to Brooklyn USA - which is actually illigal.

Maybe we should try to watch such matters a bit.

On the other hand - I have an extremely good reason to believe a congregation will be investigated by the police. I will not say what congregation, or what country for that matter - but I do have reason to believe what I just said is true.

I was asked by someone in another country than Norway to supply some information, and I was able to do so. It seems the police is interested in the case - and I hope I can report some real news in a while.

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• ISP
    ISP

I think it is an important point. So far as disclosing info. within its 'membership', the UK Data Protection Act would have an application. It may not be possible for the WTS to pass on information without consent.

It probably gets more complicated when you consider how fragmented the WTS is. In the US there are 5 principle legal entities which make up the 'WTS', but I guess there are countless others in the US, and many more worldwide. To what extent can information be passed between these separate corporate identities? They have been separated to avoid liabilities being passed upstream to NY. cf the French tax position. (Their charitable status is a joke after all.)

As far as membership the JW has, I don't think there is a legal relationship. There is nothing in writing to evidence it.

ISP

• Moxy
    Moxy

earler up the page they define 'Watchtower' as the PA corp.

that still doesnt answer the main question of what is inside or outside the corp and why tho.

mox

• Celtic
    Celtic

As of 24 October 2001 any exwitness can request personal data files from the congregation under the Data Protection Act, I think, but am not sure, under schedules 7 & 8.

A letter should be addressed to the congregation secretary requesting such imformation.

Hope this helps some

peace

Celtic

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I sent letters requesting information quite a while back which they ignored until I sent one reminding them that legally they had 40 days to reply to my original request and that if I didn't hear form them in 7 days I would be raising a formal complaint with the Data Protection Registrar (I'm a bastard aren't I?)

They first came round and said they had no records on me whatsoever so I asked them to put that in writing which they refused (hmmn). Then later (I presume after getting some help from Bethel) they hid behind the "record not computerised so deadline is October" argument.

I can wait a few months

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Do you legally join the WatchTower Society ?

Well I sure didn't join them Illegally !!!!

Ven

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Simon,

It'll be interesting to find out what they have to say, huh? If I may ask, what is your Status at this point in the Organization? Any changes since you started the forum?

As far as I know, I'm still listed as inactive, but you never know. Maybe I should request my records.

RCat

• Simon
    Simon

I'm DA'd at the moment.

Apparently, the reason is that I didn't attend a judicial committee meeting that I wasn't even asked to attend. This was upheld at an appeal when I met with 6 elders (yes, they told me at the meeting with the 6 of them that I was 'refusing to meet with them').

Do they have announced that I DA'd myself.

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Simon;

To me they wrote they never had any central register or files. Then they said they didn't have any files on me - because they were destroyed with the central register!

And - I do have that in printing.

Fact is - The Watchtower in Norway never admitted to having files on any person that did ask!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit