Come on, who really TALKS like this? "Your people are so joyful!" etc...

by somebodylovesme 16 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The reports can't be all that great if they have to keep giving counsel in the KM every year about how to behave at hotels/motels and restaurants, citing complaints they have gotten. You know the situations have to be bad enough to risk not being used again as a convention facillity.

I supposed compared to some of the sports events attenders, they might be a little quieter.

km 5/00 p. 6 Maintain Fine Conduct That Glorifies God ***

Exemplary

Conduct at Hotels: In most cases, hotel personnel are very impressed with the orderliness, good manners, and cleanliness of Jehovah?s Witnesses. One manager, when speaking about Witness families who stayed at his hotel, said: "The children of Jehovah?s Witnesses are the best children I?ve ever seen! They are dressed like ladies and gentlemen; they are polite, courteous, and well-mannered; and they have not caused any problem whatever. You are really to be complimented on your youngsters. We have enjoyed having your children here." Comments like these are readily forthcoming because those dealing with us can see the love and respect that exist among Jehovah?s people.

On the other hand, remarks by other hotel personnel indicate that there is still a problem with some who are careless in their conduct or who abuse hotel facilities. This causes problems and creates criticism that should not exist. Some managers complain that children and teenagers are noisy and unruly, being unsupervised by their parents while using the swimming pool or other recreational facilities.

Most hotels have rules that guests are expected to follow. Some brothers have broken these rules in regard to noise levels or cooking in their rooms. Hotel managers tell us that cooking, where not allowed, is a common abuse of their property. Not only have rooms been physically damaged but lingering odors have also made it impossible to rent the rooms for days or weeks afterward. Unless the cooking of food is specifically permitted in the room, it must not be done.

A real effort should be made to cooperate fully with the management. Certainly, we do not want to leave an unfavorable impression of Jehovah?s people. As Christians we must conduct ourselves honestly at all times. We should not take linen or other "souvenirs" from hotels, as that is stealing; nor should we be untruthful in reporting how many people we plan to have in a room when making reservations or when checking in.
  • metatron
    metatron

If these "quotes" really represent what JW's are like at assemblies, then:

Who's reporting the kids playing on the elevators and pulling fire alarms and being out of control down by the pool?

Who's cooking on a hot plate in their room? Who's stuffed their two person room full of overnight guests? Who has to be

told to leave a tip? Just read the counsel the KM gives, EVERY YEAR, and you can get a more accurate picture of how

goonish many Witnesses are.

Another reason to be suspicious of these favorable quotes is that they often aren't given a context in TIME. The Watchtower

will eagerly repeat quotes about "the truth" even though those statements may have been made DECADES ago.

As an example, consider the "Witnesses have covered the earth" with their message quote that they USED in the recent

special talk after the memorial. That one goes back 40 years or so......

metatron

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    One manager, when speaking about Witness families who stayed at his hotel, said: "The children of Jehovah’s Witnesses are the best children I’ve ever seen! They are dressed like ladies and gentlemen; they are polite, courteous, and well-mannered; and they have not caused any problem whatever. You are really to be complimented on your youngsters. We have enjoyed having your children here." Comments like these are readily forthcoming because those dealing with us can see the love and respect that exist among Jehovah’s people.

I've been thinking about comments like this for quite a while. When I was a child at school, I stood out from the other kids. I was always dressed nice, mother put gel in my hair (from the time I started grade one), and my behavior was excellent. I was giving a "good witness" because of my good behavior and dress. My mother would always get compliments at parent-teacher night.

The sad thing is the teachers don't know what is behind the scenes. They don't know about the 3 meetings a week, the field service, the physical abuse, and the threats that were used to get me to behave the way I did. It wasn't good behavior, it was fear.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It's gotta be a plain lie. Nobody talks the strange language of the WTBTS, other than its members.

DY

• Atlantic
    Atlantic

I think it is just hotel owners who are witnesses, no qualification is made at all.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

We used to freak when a witness mom would dunk her diaper-clad brat in the swimming pool.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Exemplary Conduct at Hotels: In most cases, hotel personnel are very impressed with the orderliness, good manners, and cleanliness of Jehovah?s Witnesses. One manager, when speaking about Witness families who stayed at his hotel, said: "The children of Jehovah?s Witnesses are the best children I?ve ever seen! They are dressed like ladies and gentlemen; they are polite, courteous, and well-mannered; and they have not caused any problem whatever. You are really to be complimented on your youngsters. We have enjoyed having your children here." Comments like these are readily forthcoming because those dealing with us can see the love and respect that exist among Jehovah?s people

roflmao!!! they obviously weren't talking about the kids at any of the halls i went to! talk about little hellians!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit