The Soap Opera Continues

by JohnR 13 Replies latest social family

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thats a shame John.. to be honest since I stopped attending meetings, I don't think I am welcome at my mother's house for dinner either..

• JohnR
    JohnR

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. It is strange that my brother has not met Jeff's girl friend yet but Jeff's brother and sister have. I wonder what my brother thinks of that? In any event my mother has decided to have just the JW side of the family over for dinner. Yes I know what it seems like but my mother wants to keep the lines of communication open with her son. We will see what happens. I do find it odd that he will visit his non JW family but will not see his former JW child. So, dinner is in a week. I wonder what we will talk about? Thanks, John

• Fed Up
    Fed Up

I was of the impression that this religion no longer REQUIRED the shunning of immediate family members, so if they are shunning their own son, they're doing it on their own!

I agree with all those who said invite EVERYONE and anyone who has a problem with anyone else who is there just doesn't have to come!

This problem is not "unique" to JWs. Frankly, my husband and I have a real problem going to HIS family get togethers where his EX is invited. That has NOTHING to do with religion, as his parents REFUSE to shun disfellowshipped family members--as well as EX family members. We just don't like being ignored by his parents, who HANG on his ex-wife, who spends her time insulting me, while coming on to my husband! So the decision to stop attending HIS family functions was OURS. It's OK though. None of MY family are JWs, ex or otherwise, and are WONDEFUL to us!

I especially liked the post about not negotiating with terrorists!

• avishai
    avishai

If it was my brother, I'd kick his ass. Seriously. Nothing like a boot in the heinie for an attitude adjustment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit