What was the silliest thing they told you NOT to do?

by goddess_baal 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reboot
    reboot

.leave my (then) three year old boy's beautiful, ringletted, blonde hair that length much longer....

......comment at meetings until I was married......

......SO.........I left his hair long until he was 7 and he asked it to be cut himself.and reported the elder who'd silenced me ........

• Jahna
    Jahna

Not to go out in service with bare legs as a sister. You *must* wear panty hose. Why? Never figured that one out.

Jahna

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey Jahna Great Name!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

If a married couple are still tormented by the memory of acts of fornication before marriage, they should go and confess to the elders.

WT Feb 15, 2004, page 13, pp 12 ..."I have asked Jehovah's forgiveness many times, but even though seven years have passed since then, my conscience continues to accuse me." It is vital that those who commit such sins seek help from Christian elders. (James 5:14, 15).

Can we spell R e c i p e f o r D i s a s t e r?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Can we spell R e c i p e f o r D i s a s t e r?

G'day jgnat,

I do so agree!

BTW I'm taking the opportunity of telling you I always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks a lot! Keep it up!

Cheers, Ozzie

• oscar
    oscar

I don't think it is a good idea to play any organized sports that time can be spent studying and preparing for meetings. Oh brother!

• Big Shooter
    Big Shooter

Not being allowed to say "take it easy." That would display the spirit of the world.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    -Wick ...not to show too much leg during the meeting. (it was distracting)

As far as I'm conserned, that is the GOOD kind of distraction!

• Sassy
    Sassy

The most ridiculous thing (worse than silly) was after I divorced my first husband and since he would only admit to me but not to the elders he had had an affair, they told me that he was still considered my HEAD..

so I was told I was not to disrespect him in any way.. that I had to still obey him even though by the state law we were no longer man and wife

that was NUTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit