What was the silliest thing they told you NOT to do?

by goddess_baal 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goddess_baal
    goddess_baal

There was some really piddily-crap that I remember.

For instance, when I was about 17 toe-rings became popular, and one of the sisters bought one....wore it to the KH during the summer with her sandals. My best friend in the hall wanted one, which of course caused this huge debate about whether it would be okay 'in Jehovah's eyes', and didn't it go against the scripture that counsels women against "bodily adornment", blah-blah-blah.

Toe rings??! I was still a hard-core dub at that point, and still remember thinking, "WTF???!!!".

*goddess_baal*

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Tell someone "happy birthday!" or "Good Luck!"

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

oh wait!....wear my mood ring

• Mulan
    Mulan

This wasn't said to me, but I was in the same Circuit Assembly part as a 'sister' who was interviewed about her study habits. She said she read several pages in the Bible everyday, and each year used a different Bible translation. At the time, she was reading the KJV. The CO told her not to say that. "we read the NWT". I thought that was odd. It was a few more years before more and more things seemed odd to me.

• anglise
    anglise

Use the words "gosh" or "golly"

Anglise

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A sister who was told by the elders not to pray with her husband!

And brought to a judicial committee and threatened with DF if she did it again!!!

(Her husband had been DF and they were now reconciled and were praying together about their marriage.)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A branch coordinator who rebuked an elder for saying that Holy Spirit directed the work at Bethel.

He used the words, "What makes you think that Holy Spirit has anything to do with this place?"

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

LOL thats funny. I always wonder as many time as the WTS says it is not directed or inspired how dumb are the people thatswear it is maybe thats why the WTS advocates regular meetings so those guys can catch on.

Not to:

Take your kids outside of the kindom hall to beat them.

Shave your head if you were not bald.

Call the Watchtower Corp Brothers or Soceity.

To resist a blood transfusion.

• Odrade
    Odrade

my mom one time told a sis that she shouldn't wear a ring she had in the shape of a heart. The sister took it off and threw it in the garbage so she wouldn't offend my mom or anyone else by wearing a "pagan" symbol. I always thought my mom was nutz for that one.

• onintwo
    onintwo

Around 1969 or '70 I was advised not to wear pastel colored shirts with my tie. Gotta be white! God's watching.

No light blue, grey, beige, or...........horrors, pink!

Onintwo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit