LMAO!!!!!!!!

mac

Behave, Mac and take Jesus' load.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

they feed everyone spiritually with their watchtowers of many flavours

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Would it be love ? Or a different effort/offering to appease the beast.

A Paduan,

I was a bit tired when I came back and read your post last night, so I came back again to see if I understood your point any better today. I don't.

I'm going to reply on the basis to which I think I understood what you meant (THAT'S a weird way to word this answer, haha!)

Anyhooo....Would WHAT be "love"? Getting people to go to meetings or become a JW? Is this what you meant? I feel that an offering of "genuine"love from the heart" is to be recognized as such, and a "hands-on" approach as I mentioned above IS a good way to SHOW this love.

We all know that the WTS love (handing out magazines) is "supposed" to be the JWs way of contributing to the community.......and most of us will admit that this is not extremely (seldom?) helpful to those in need as I was bringing out.

We'd have never concluded on our OWN, to go out and knock on doors and place literature--to be given IN PLACE of physically "giving" of our time and resources to aid someone needy. Its a WTS-based "offering", to gain recruits FOR a publishing company; to promote a "religion", and to me, has NO bearing at all on how Jesus said to help others.

There are many, many ways for JWs to "do something" other than "talk", that are neither unscriptural nor connected to a church. Some examples might be the giving of money, helping to build a playground, delivering county funded meals to the shut-ins in their areas, knitting sweaters or mittens for kids in winter...the list is endless, and able hands are needed everywhere.

WE may have been seduced into thinking this was "love" and we DID it because it was expected of us.....not in ADDITION to, but to the EXCLUSION of the "hands-on" showing of love in one's own community---our neighbors. (Love thy neighbor)

Perhaps a relative FEW might also be seduced into accepting a "bible" study and (maybe) ultimately going to meetings---but the "goal", if you will, is/was to provide for the physical needs of others when we see them AS Jesus demonstrated as an example for us during his ministry.

It's unfortunate that so many kind and well-meaning people (JWs) have been conditioned into believing that doing "all they can" in the door-to-door work is the same as "loving their neighbor" that actually accomplishes little if nothing.

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**The society tend to focus upon dragging around your torture stake more than a kindly yoke provided through a Christian outlook & lifestyle.**

ElBlanko, I SO agree!

**If the commands of God were not "burdensome", I wondered, why do I feel so burdened? **

Rocketman,
    I spent most of my 30 years as a JW thinking the very same thing!

**All of us were like ants trying to carry two ton weights. Gee, I wonder why we didn't hold up. **

Flyin',
    I LOVED that analogy :)
    I most often felt as if I were on an endless treadmill going nowhere because as fast as I'd RUN, I never felt it was "good enough", thanks to the WTS FINE acknowledgment of what we tried to do!!

**When Christ saw a need, he dealt with it. And he didn't cater just to his inner circle. When the crowd of 5,000 plus was hungry, he didn't place Watchtowers into their hands. He fed them. **

Kenneson...this was exactly my point! WHY is it so difficult for the WTS to understand?

**They have set things up to encourage self survival. Self survival like the man in the lifeboat who pushes the other man out so he can have all the food and water for himself. Self survival like the animal who chews off his own leg to get out of a trap. **

Guess that answers my question, Flyin!!!!

Thanks Mac and Galaxy for your replies :o)

hugs to all,
    Annie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I came back again to see if I understood your point any better today. I don't.

Anyhooo....Would WHAT be "love"?

The wtbts going out and providing for the needy.

If someone came to my door because they care about how I was doing (as an autonomous individual with their own opinions) and provided what assistance they could, knowing that I "believed not" their religious opinions, expecting nothing in return, I'd be refreshed about how the world was doing.

But, if the same one/s came thinking of their browny points with their god, or filling the service hours requirement of their "always right" org. , I'd be grieved that I ever saw it.

It is far worse for the wicked tell the truth than for the honest to lie.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**The wtbts going out and providing for the needy.**

Okaaaay, back to square one? WHEN does the WTBTS "go out" and provide for the needy? Certainly not anywhere around here! I've NEVER heard of an experience where this phenomena took place, have you? I'm talking about anyting NOT WTS-related in any way-shape or form....purely heartfelt because there was a "need".

**If someone came to my door because they care about how I was doing (as an autonomous individual with their own opinions) and provided what assistance they could, knowing that I "believed not" their religious opinions, expecting nothing in return, I'd be refreshed about how the world was doing.**

That would fit the criteria I've been discussing, yes. But...again, have YOU seen/had this occur? This doesn't fit the usual pattern of JW behavior and is NOT the norm.

**But, if the same one/s came thinking of their browny points with their god, or filling the service hours requirement of their "always right" org. , I'd be grieved that I ever saw it.**

THAT fits the norm! LOL!

I may be off-base here, and I apologize if I am, but are you just pulling my leg here? If not, could you please elaborate on what you based your comments on? You have me scratching my head and trying to make sense of what you're saying, or rather NOT saying.....

hugs,
    Annie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Annie.

"He who sees a need and waits to be asked for help is as unkind as if he had refused it" Dante

I read this once and so I saved it. This is rampant through out the org.

Flyin'

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I may be off-base here, and I apologize if I am, but are you just pulling my leg here? If not, could you please elaborate on what you based your comments on? You have me scratching my head and trying to make sense of what you're saying, or rather NOT saying.....

• Originally I think I focused in on the part your post that was postulating about "time better spent"
    • I was questioning whether works by jws would actually be a good thing anyway
    • And no, I don't know of any instances of jws providing material needs to those who don't "deserve" it - and few if any to those who are thought to be "deserving".

paduan

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"He who sees a need and waits to be asked for help is as unkind as if he had refused it" Dante

Wow, Flyin!!! How Cool! Thanks!

I've never seen that before..(it woulda saved me a lotta time saying what I did, eh?) LOL!

to A Paduan.....thanks again for your reply.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit